Earl marshal teachers

I went to earl marshal in the 70's heard a teacher called mMr Baggot recently passed away any updates of teachers from the 70's ???

Yes mate he passed away a couple of years ago, RIP. Not heard about any other teachers tho.

I went to Earl Marshall & Mr Baggot was my PE teacher such a shame to hear he has passed away. I used to see Dave Walker up to a few years ago , he was a great teacher.

I went to Earl Marshall & Mr Baggot was my PE teacher such a shame to hear he has passed away. I used to see Dave Walker up to a few years ago , he was a great teacher.

Is he dead as well ? Fit as fiddle in 80's driving coaches for littlewoods no woman was safe lol

Don't know if he's dead or alive as I haven't seen him for a good few years.

I had Mr Baggot for Sport and technical drawing , He used to hit you with a big white slipper that he called Mr White.

Good teacher though.

Jim.

i remember Mr White (the slipper) that is.Thank god i was never on the end of that !! saw that administered in the changing rooms a few times.Always thought Baggot was a good sort. Never got on with Mr Haigue,Liked Mr Francis.There was a Miss Harrison,used to play badminton in the hall with her,she was very nice !! had a bit of a crush on her i believe.Simpson woodwork teacher ,less said about him the better.

Ay up Bothamlad , i had some of Mr White and can still feel it today 😵. But you had to push it to get Mr Baggot to punish you.

No i was never keen on Mr Haige . And i to remember the teachers lunch time badminton games with us lot watching some of the players. Mr Simpson was a funny one , but always liked Mick Flemming , he was my last form teacher before i left.

Jim.

5 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Remember Harry Dowson well and his stick lol

You boy up to my room funny how some things never fade away 

fantastic,YOU BOY !!! we all used to impersonate old dowson, think we called him daddy dowson.He loved his stick that guy .

3 hours ago, jad279 said:

Ay up Bothamlad , i had some of Mr White and can still feel it today 😵. But you had to push it to get Mr Baggot to punish you.

No i was never keen on Mr Haige . And i to remember the teachers lunch time badminton games with us lot watching some of the players. Mr Simpson was a funny one , but always liked Mick Flemming , he was my last form teacher before i left.

Jim.

Hi jim.forgot to mention mr.fleming,he was a top bloke .always interested in your well being. Stayed behind after school to  play badminton with miss harrison and mr walker a few times .i was quite good,but she was a county standard player. walker was a fair player too.

I remember all the above teachers, Harry Dowson with his gruff voice ordering you up to his room, Stan Francis with his very thin cane, Frank Baggot was a top bloke, Mr Hague was a funny one though & if I remember correctly he had some sort of scaring on his face which looked similar to a scold scar, Anthony Greenaway the metalwork teacher was my form teacher & I had many a spat with him & so did my Dad. Barry Parker who taught drama & English was a top man along with Dave Walker & Mr Fleming, Viv Owens was my year tutor & I am sure that she & Dave Walker were at it ! Anthony Bullivant the head teacher was a funny one & I had a big to do with him as me & my school pal Brian Scott were in trouble as usual & Brain went in 1st & came out rubbing his arse & he said "He's given me 6 of the best on my arse the *******" so I went into his office & he said "Marshall bend over that chair" I replied "there's no way that you are going to cane me on the arse" he then gave me 6 of the best on each hand ! Happy days