Sheffield Shops That Are Now Extinct !!

Yes, I remember the one at the bottom of west bar, can't remember what it was called, but the window was full of guitars, saxophones and cameras. There was a model shop down that way too, near Brook Shaw's Ford and Carrs Motors.

Good old days a walk down "cliffe" you could get anything

What was the name of the guy with the little shop on Cambridge St, that used to sell the leather jackets and patches etc?

The shop was called "Pippy's" Not sure what they called the geezer tho.

Walsh's (Grace brothers!), Wilkes, Hudsons, Joseph Peck, House of Holland, Curtis's, Bunker & Pratley, Roadrunner records, Sure more will come to mind!!.

Violet Mays, What a great shop that was!

Violet Mays, What a great shop that was!

Yes, apart from the person that ran it !

Stewart and Stewart (or Stuart and Stuart?), Robert Brothers, Peter Robinson, C&A, Cockaynes, Sexy Rexy, Jays, Harrolls, Symington and Croft, George France, Peter Sherwood, Schweitzers, Maisie's, Madame Marie, Bringing It All Back Home, Hornes

Bankrupt Clothing Company on Charles St opposite Henry's - best jeans shop in the world bar none.

I remember buying my little leather bag and gloves for my wedding outfit from Spiers a ladies handbag shop on the high street, it was quite an expensive shop and definitely only for special occasions, well for me at least .

Andrews art supplies or was it stationers?

Just Micro - someone must have mentioned them by now I must have missed it!

Roadhouse records at crookes.

Lots of banks and building societies. Martins Bank on Eyre Street, near the junction with Hereford Street - if you walk past you'll see the night safe is still there. It was taken over by Barclays in 1968.

Edited by 1978
Corrected date

The old record shops from late 60's to early 70's - Bradleys, Canns, Wilson Peck, Jeffs on Division Street, Some Kinda Mushroom near the Cathedral - and more recently FOPP on Division Street.

Also Sylvesters tobacconist on Surrey Street.

You forgot Violet May's record shop

Davy's on Fargate with the wonderful coffee smell as you walked past, Andrews bookshop and Walsh's