Sheffield Shops That Are Now Extinct !!

Whitleys sweet shop opposite the Unity Picture Palace, Langsett Rd.

Dainties opposite the old Oxford Cinema,Addy St,

Don's Newsagents, Springvale Rd,

Whiteheads Newsagents Crookesmoor rd,

Goldthorpes Corner shop,Addy St,

Fishers beer of and public bar (spread eagle) Addy St, Burgins opposite st corner.

Mason's Fish & chip Shop,Addy St

Chip Shop at the corner of Whitehouse Lane,

Turners, Pawnbrokers, Langsett rd

Pip (Philip) Hayman owned Pippys on Cambridge street, He use to have a bookies down the small road that connects Leopold street to Church street. He now has a shop in Blackpool selling Blackpool rock. His father had Haymans dress shop on Pinstone street may years earlier.

Was this Pip Hayman the same as the one who had the jewellers/pawn brokers on Pinstone street?

Not sure about that, but I do know Pip did a bit of Jewellery and gold dealing etc. His parents shop was on Pinstone street of a by gone era and his cousin Peter Hayman was in the gold and jewellery business who I suspect was the one you refer to.

What about Slacks shops they were bakers of bread and cakes not tasted anything as good as a well done uncut loaf

---------- Post added 14-02-2017 at 11:25 ----------

Was this Pip Hayman the same as the one who had the jewellers/pawn brokers on Pinstone street?

Hayman had a bookies on Attercliffe near brinsworth street used to give us a bob to look after his car when he came to shop

Remember so many mentioned. OH still has a silk dressing gown from Hornes, that's because he hardly wears it:)

I used to go to George France for my hair do and meet up with friends in the Sidewalk coffee bar, I remember it as being very small and dark.

Does anyone remember Lornas pie shop on Attercliffe Common? She had big warts on her face. Next door was a horse meat shop.

Sad so many individual shops have gone.

Remember so many mentioned. OH still has a silk dressing gown from Hornes, that's because he hardly wears it:)

I used to go to George France for my hair do and meet up with friends in the Sidewalk coffee bar, I remember it as being very small and dark.

Does anyone remember Lornas pie shop on Attercliffe Common? She had big warts on her face. Next door was a horse meat shop.

Sad so many individual shops have gone.

There were 2 pie shops one near gate pub and the other near Travelers pub they sold tripe and chicklin and bag

Ah, the romance of the 'cliffe. :)

Winstons on Snig Hill.

Remember buying trendy casual shirts from there,

at least I thought they were trendy.

Great stuff from there, those were the days my friends {Mary Hopkins} ha ha

Yes must agree. Winstons was there at the right time with the right gear. Great stuff.

---------- Post added 15-02-2017 at 11:48 ----------

Davis on Haymarket. Plus eating places. Berni inns were great