Please can anyone advise on my car. Dont know what else to do.

i sugguest she gets a proper job and buy a decent car thats reliable and not a £300 facebook specials. you cant be self employed and relay on transport and buy a £300 facebook special.

if her job was any good she wouldnt spent so little on transport she has to relay on. just a reality check

I find this very rude!

First of all, I have a "proper" professional career. I think a 2 year university degree in media makeup for film, theatre and special effects is far from your average working behind a shop counter!

2nd, This is my husband`s car. ( he is a Courier) He posted the first few posts using my account as he does not have his own.

3rd, We bought it from the car dealers in Grenoside for 695. Far from a Facebook 300 quid un!

And lastly, We had a mint new car, lovely home, and a good life before moving to Spain only to be scammed....but that's another story. We came back with nothing, homeless and sleeping in tents. It was bloody hard work building ourselves up from scratch again after all that we lost last year so please before you speak.....think! You don't know anything about us.

I find this very rude!

People can be very frank, when no real names are used, dont be offended.

p0378 crank sensor and or wiring, p1514 airleak (check manifold for cracks on 2.2 vauxhall), p0778 easytronic gearbox shift solenoid. but have your alternator/battery circuit checked also as this can cause a multitude of problems on those vehicles.

Great, thanks for that information.

We have been told today that is could possibly be the MAP sensor. The same as a MAF sensor but our car doesn't have one of those. We have bought a MAP and a Lambda sensor and praying to god that it fixes things. We are getting them put in tomorrow.

My husband says he really wants to try and fix this car first before buying another. He knows the risks and he knows it may not work but we have got to try.

Another thing that was suggested was that the timing was out after the new timing chain was fitted (missing a tooth) or something like that, so that is also getting looked at tomorrow.

My mother didn't raise a quitter, I shall fix this car! :hihi:

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 15:37 ----------

People can be very frank, when no real names are used, dont be offended.

Well I wouldn't dream about speaking to someone like that! But then again I guess my "not a proper job" taught me to have more manners than some :D

no problem :) i have attached a link to a pdf to help understand the method used to time the 2.2 engine correctly. but as i said earlier have your charging circuit checked as a matter of course, sensors throw codes randomly when that particular system is out of range.

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/downloads/Z22SECamchain.pdf

Im not sure wether its a good idea, but then again that wasnt the OP question. it appears she wants advice, and it has been offered. :)

I did ask for ADVICE and you did offer it so many thanks to you and you never know a remap could just be the thing it needs ;)

Our old MK4 Astra GSI was remapped and had a sports exaust ect... It flew!

Great, thanks for that information.

We have been told today that is could possibly be the MAP sensor. The same as a MAF sensor but our car doesn't have one of those. We have bought a MAP and a Lambda sensor and praying to god that it fixes things. We are getting them put in tomorrow.

My husband says he really wants to try and fix this car first before buying another. He knows the risks and he knows it may not work but we have got to try.

Another thing that was suggested was that the timing was out after the new timing chain was fitted (missing a tooth) or something like that, so that is also getting looked at tomorrow.

My mother didn't raise a quitter, I shall fix this car! :hihi:

---------- Post added 30-01-2016 at 15:37 ----------

Well I wouldn't dream about speaking to someone like that! But then again I guess my "not a proper job" taught me to have more manners than some :D

Advice in a nice way. Sounds like you have purchased a money pit, sadly it sometimes occurs, good luck on your forthcoming repairs, but I have grave doubts it will do you any good to be very honest. Guzzling engine oil is a terminal disease in a motor car, if it was just leaking from somewhere that's not too bad it can be fixed, but using large amounts of oil, a badly worn engine is usually one of the main causes.

Angel1.