At what age would you have/ did you have children?

hiya! im 22 and me and my friend were talking about this the other day. she is also 22 and says that she wants to put her career first and (all bein well & of course if she finds a suitable dad) she would consider having a baby at 30 +. On the other hand- I (bloke/ finances wiling) would consider having kiddies at the age of 25+ and if i was with the right man now- if it happened by accident i would not be upset about it. I think it could be a big benefit to have younger parents. What do you think? :thumbsup:

I've always said I'd like to be married at 26 and have a baby at 28... I think I'm pretty much sticking with that really... Even if I meet the man of my dreams tomorrow, it still wouldn't change a thing, no matter how loved up I got... I've got to get my career going first, before I can think about nappies and whatnot :P I'm still deciding whether or not I'd like a child... I think I'm just terrified of becoming one of these pram pushers around Castle Market... That would be curtains for me... I guess if it all goes to plan and I'm married at 26, I should have made my mind up by then :)

i had my first at 23 my second at 30 my third at 34. ive done now though. im too old. im 46 years young.

I had my first at just 21, second at 23 and my third at 29.....all done now though. I'm glad I've had mine early cos now I can relax and enjoy myself.

I've always said I'd like to be married at 26 and have a baby at 28... I think I'm pretty much sticking with that really... Even if I meet the man of my dreams tomorrow, it still wouldn't change a thing, no matter how loved up I got... I've got to get my career going first, before I can think about nappies and whatnot :P I'm still deciding whether or not I'd like a child... I think I'm just terrified of becoming one of these pram pushers around Castle Market... That would be curtains for me... I guess if it all goes to plan and I'm married at 26, I should have made my mind up by then :)

yeh i was thinking roughly the 26 27 age for marriage- but u cant say till u meet the man can u! and same with kids. i think ppl are tending to have kids later on though- say in their early 30's these days. cos there is more to be got from life than pram pushing round castle market as u said :hihi:

Why are people saying ages?!?

I woulda thought when people are financially safe! My philosophy anyway!

I haven't really thought about this tbh, i know i would like 2 or 3 kids but ive not thought about when.

Sooooo Diamondrava, if you meet a man and settle down you will have babies? I think Auntie Sarah has a nice ring to it, dont ya think :hihi:

I was 21 and my wife was 19 when we had our first. We had our second child 7 years later. Bringing up our kids was the happiest time of our lives :)

Most people would be too old by then.

hmmm but is anyone ever financially ready for a baby?:confused:

Well I will be financially safe then, ya pudding... T'bloke should have just finished paying off for my Cinderella style wedding! :hihi:

i had my first at 23 my second at 30 my third at 34. ive done now though. im too old. im 46 years young.

Question......

Same to dibsy as well

Is it difficult having 3 children when most places/holidays etc only cater for the family of four.

Ive not looked into it or anything as im not planning a family yet but i just wandered.:)