Get a suit, get a job

If someone's deluded enough to think that dressing up in a suit makes you eligible for a job, then more fool them … It's the person them self that qualifies.

Personally, if an employer judged on what I was wearing, be it a cheap tacky F+F, or god forbid, an Armani, I'd tell 'em to stuff their job … judge my work.

I'd also treat someone suspiciously if they came to an interview dressed in a suit as it's a very 'sheeple' attitude, suggesting no individuality. Wear a tie, be like everybody else sort of illness, .

Dress as you feel, not as how some deluded 'play golf at the weekend, keep up with the Jones's, 2.4 children, holiday in Costa del Sol, whisky and lemonade, stripey lawned' interviewer expects. Who's the loser?

Smart and casual, that's what I say … it says much more about you. :thumbsup:

Ah, so it's a suit hire business that doesn't make profits, so doesn't pay tax.

Great competition for the commercial, tax-paying suit hire businesses, that :|

:confused:

That was my first thought too... but it's not clear to me if they do just 'hire' the suits or they give them away...

Clients referred to us will be given a stylng session, a suit, shirt, tie and shoes to help them look fantastic, feel confident and perform well.
:huh:

So what happens then if you get the job for being smartly dressed and then turn up to work in a shell suit?

:confused:

That was my first thought too... but it's not clear to me if they do just 'hire' the suits or they give them away...

:huh:

Irrespective...charity = not for profit, so no corporate tax, plus relief on business rates and more, and a bunch more 'business'-friendly measures.

Sometimes I wonder how much of the public budget's shortfall is down to the amount of erstwhile bona fide businesses that have elected to register and trade as charities on a national scale :|

Awaits the day when the number of registered charities > number of for-profit incorporated companies in the UK and No.11 finally decides to look into it.

Irrespective...charity = not for profit, so no corporate tax, plus relief on business rates and more, and a bunch more 'business'-friendly measures.

Sometimes I wonder how much of the public budget's shortfall is down to the amount of erstwhile bona fide businesses that have elected to register and trade as charities on a national scale :|

Awaits the day when the number of registered charities > number of for-profit incorporated companies in the UK and No.11 finally decides to look into it.

:hihi:

True, but my point was that if they give them away then they are not really in competition with a bona fide suit hire business. :)

If someone's deluded enough to think that dressing up in a suit makes you eligible for a job, then more fool them … It's the person them self that qualifies.

Personally, if an employer judged on what I was wearing, be it a cheap tacky F+F, or god forbid, an Armani, I'd tell 'em to stuff their job … judge my work.

I'd also treat someone suspiciously if they came to an interview dressed in a suit as it's a very 'sheeple' attitude, suggesting no individuality. Wear a tie, be like everybody else sort of illness, .

Dress as you feel, not as how some deluded 'play golf at the weekend, keep up with the Jones's, 2.4 children, holiday in Costa del Sol, whisky and lemonade, stripey lawned' interviewer expects. Who's the loser?

You forgot Watney's red barrel and Luton airport LOL;)

I just listened to a lady on Radio Sheffield who's set up an enterprise that provides interview clothes to men who might not be able to afford something smart to wear to get a job.

What a great thing to do. Good luck to her!

The Job Centre can give you up to £100 towards a suit or interview clothes.....

you can claim it every 12 months, they give you a 'voucher' you spend in a shop, get a receipt, then return that to the job centre.

Dress for Success started in London in 2012

Aimed at women who need that bit of support in starting work after a break for children, education or career change. Its no just for the interview its also for the job.

There are people on hand to give informal and formal advice. Whatever it takes to get people back into an appropriate job.

I am glad to see a charity here in Sheffield providing that boost for men.

Are you serious? :hihi: I guess you haven't done a customer facing role or met with senior staff of other companies. The dress code differs from job to job, some are more traditional than others. Dress code has come along way in the last thirty odd years I have been working but in some sectors I have worked in it has hardly moved at all.

Indeed, dress like the man you want to be is my motto........

I just couldn't understand why my boss had me up in the HR department whilst donning my favourite spiderman outfit.

In an interview situation it usually says about you Thank you, Mr Alcoblog. NEXT!

:|

In an interview situation it usually says about you Thank you, Mr Alcoblog. NEXT!

:|

Baaa! :P...........