Fitted wardrobe advice & recommendations - no advertising

Floors to ceiling had an advert in this weeks telegraph and their showroom looked open when I went passed last week. So I think they are still trading despite the previous post about them being in liquidation. Perhaps the business has been saved or bought out. Hope so as they had a good range and did a good job for us! :)

Hi I've just called foor to ceiling to come out and price up for my wardrobes and asked him about being in liquidation, he said that he had owned the business for near on 20 yrs when in 2007 he sold it to another person, it's the person that he sold it to that has gone into voluntary liquidation and he has bought the company back so floor to ceiling is definitely still open and are coming to take a look at my bedroom on the 13th september.

I'll test the water a little when they come out and think i'll be wary about handing over my cash before the job is done. Just thought i'd let you all know.

Hi

As we have recently had two enquiries via this site I would just like to say that Floor to Ceiling is in business, the last owner who we sold the business to in 2007 went into voluntary liquidation in May this year, we took on the premises again and machinery etc to carry the business forward with a few more improvements and ranges introduced.

We're a family business with 30 years experience and take pride in the quality and service we offer to our customers. We'd also like to thank the people who have already recommended our services on here.

Kind regards

Mandy & Nathan White

I totally agree with Kaye. Floor to Ceiling have fitted 2 bedrooms and other rooms for me over the years, and they are the best. Nice peeps too.

We got ours from floor-2-ceiling on Fitzwilliam street. The service was very good and they were the cheapest for what we wanted as they manufacture their own stuff on site. The came and fitted them when they said they would (despite the snow) and they look great.

They have a website here: http://www.floortoceiling.co.uk/]

I think you can go with Smiths Fitted Wardrobes

Can anyone recommend any fitted wardrobes companies or joiners please? Don't fancy the sales patter as have already had sharps out. They were wanting a fortune! Supafit are coming to give us a quote bit would love to hear recommendations. Thanks in advance

Steer clear of Sharps!

We used Starlight (J Horns) in 2011. Was £2000 for a 2 door sliding fitted wardrobe, 3 panels with a mirror across the middle. Was designed, and fitted to spec. Every step was fantastic - no hard sell, no push. Came to do a quote and no pestering afterwards.

Have moved house since but would have no hesitation using them again.

Steer clear of Sharps!

We used Starlight (J Horns) in 2011. Was £2000 for a 2 door sliding fitted wardrobe, 3 panels with a mirror across the middle. Was designed, and fitted to spec. Every step was fantastic - no hard sell, no push. Came to do a quote and no pestering afterwards.

Have moved house since but would have no hesitation using them again.

My other half has just had a wardrobe fitted by starlights and can't fault it whereas her parents had one done by sharps and has had no end of problems from doors being different shades to handles been fitted wrong

My other half had a quote from Betta living based on barbott estate in rotherham ,they wanted £3000 for a two door no mirrors wardrobe and even though my oh said no they kept ringing trying to pressure her to go ahead with them

Edited by rudds1

Can anyone recommend any fitted wardrobes companies or joiners please? Don't fancy the sales patter as have already had sharps out. They were wanting a fortune! Supafit are coming to give us a quote bit would love to hear recommendations. Thanks in advance

Supafit fitted our wardrobes last year and we were very happy with the product and service. I'd certainly recommend them.

Supafit fitted our wardrobes last year and we were very happy with the product and service. I'd certainly recommend them.

Second Supafit,excellent service and top quality workmanship.

Try Atkinson's on the Moor, no hassle while we looked around and we got a great deal, 3 meters floor to ceiling, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets for just over £1500 fitted. Only one problem, the doors would not fit up our staircase