Fitted wardrobe advice & recommendations - no advertising

I have been thinking about this and not sure I would want fitted wardrobes after all - what would be great is freestanding one/s custom built - ideally a large wardrobe along one wall, or one with a corner unit incorporated into it - with sliding doors and preferably mirrors.

Looking at some of the companies' websites it is very expensive, I know the materials are easily obtained at competitive prices at DIY stores like B&Q/Wickes, all I need is someone to help design it and build it for me?

The wardrobes will need to have as much storage as possible, with drawers, shelves, hangers, sliding trays etc. Basically trying to fit the contents of a small house into a wardrobe:) or near enough - due to lack of storage elsewhere!

Any ideas on who could do this in Sheffield and what sort of prices (roughly, I'll get people round for quotes when possible of course)

Thanks

hi,just done some fitted wardrobes,goto b and q for your sliding doors then its a case of building the frame work,give me a bell,ill measure up for you and give you a price,i have pictures and refrences of work done,,thanks,,lee,,s6 handyman.....tel no...below

hi i be happy to give you a quote ta jeff

Used Jeff and his guys for our fitted wardrobes (as well as our windows) and we were very very pleased, top banana Jeff and crew are.

would recommend him every time.

hi sharon hope all well with your family ta jeff

dont no if its of any interest but we are expanding our showroom in the next few months to give an additional 1000sq ft of displays, this means that we will be removing 4 bedroom displays and 1 x study display to make way for the new area, we are selling of these displays to the highest bidder, come along to our showrom have a look at whats on offer leave a bid and if its the highest when the displays are due for removal then its yours.

we can quote you for re-fitting if required

http://www.nankivells.com

Thanks for more recommendations, I'm making a note of all contact details for when I've moved:)

Definitely not wanting fitted now, would have been nice but I would prefer freestanding in this house. But, thanks for the heads up Dongle:)

Thanks Ryan. Do you work for them? As you have the website as a signature as well! They don't seem to do freestanding wardrobes, although the site looks good.

perhaps I should have created a separate post asking for freestanding wardrobes, as I am sure with fitted in the title people will keep recommending fitted ones:)

Hi,

We were looking for fitted wardrobes early last year and everywhere was quite expensive.

B & Q gave us an £1800 quote plus £600 fitting for two wardrobes with drawers, two bedside tables and a set of drawers with 4 drawers in it.

We went to furniture factors in Doncaster and for £900 ish, got three wardrobes, two bigger bedside tables and two different sets of 4 drawers, all delivered. It's exactly the same materials B & Q quoted us for too.

Highly recommended. The one's we've got can either be freestanding, or you can fix them to the wall.

http://www.furniturefactors.co.uk/bedroom.php

They appear to have more selection in-store than on their website.

Thanks for that. I'll definitely check them out.

Did they come assembled, I can't imagine the sort of wardrobe size I am after being able to fit in through the stairs - if not how much did they charge for assembling them?

hi i have just taken out my fixed wardrobes have 5 sliding doors for sale if u intrested.

Thanks for that. I'll definitely check them out.

Did they come assembled, I can't imagine the sort of wardrobe size I am after being able to fit in through the stairs - if not how much did they charge for assembling them?

Hey, yes they did come assembled already. The one's i've got aren't massively bulky - not much deeper than the width of an average person, but still nice and wide - worth a look.