Fitted wardrobe advice & recommendations - no advertising

The doors are made from MDF yes, and finished with veneer or printed plastic.

The carcasses are made from cheaper materials, generally with no shaping and cut on site generally...

So does that imply that the doors are manufactured largely by a computer controlled machine at the factory, but the carcasses are hand made ? In that case I`d have thought that it`d be the carcasses which would be the expensive part, which is what I originally had surmised.

Starlight on Abbeydale road great workmanship We had them put a sliding door wardrobe in our bedroom................They did a marvelous job!

How long have you worked for them then?

If you fancy installing your own or getting doors cheap and find your own joiner, can't recommend these enough - https://slidingdoorclearance.com/

They are the clearance arm of Home Decor (woodhouse mill), they are based just off junc 29a of the M1 at Chesterfield.

Basically the doors are either cancelled orders or wrongly measured orders. They have the basic 'economy' range doors you see in B&Q and also the designer type again at B&Q that retail at £300+ per door.

At the time they were knocking all doors out at £40 and that included the track, looking today they charge £40 per door then £10 for the trackset, still a bargain.

The warehouse is packed out with doors, basically turn up, look around, pick your doors and pay.

To buy the doors and trackset at retail prices would have cost me around £6k

I bought 19 doors at the end of last year to fit out 3 bedrooms , total cost - £760!

After viewing this thread we had three quotes and eventually went with Nankivells. Got to say they were absultely brilliant with price and quality.

Would highly recommend and when we come to have our kitchen done will be having them back for a quote again.

We used Starlight / JA Hornes. They weren`t cheap, but we were happy with the fitted wardrobes we got. When I say they weren`t cheap, I`m not saying Starlight are any more expensive than any of the others, it`s the product itself which is quite expensive.