New speed camera around Meadowhall?

I've been driving on Shepcote lane tonight (from Tinsley roundabout towards the Prince of Wales road) and noticed a huge traffic sign saying smth like "New traffic signal and speed camera ahead". As it was dark and I was speeding (and who doesn't speed there?!) I could notice only the traffic light still covered and nothing else (not sure there were any repeater signs for cameras further down the road). There were definitely no road markings therefore there would be no rear facing camera (unless they've installed these new hadecs3 like on the motorways). Nor I noticed any flash while speeding which makes me hope it's not in use yet and i'll not get fined this time, he-he.

Has anyone heard of it? I checked safetycamera.org website and it does not say anything about this location.

Btw, for those commuting into Leeds or Wakefiled via M1, it seems the new speed cameras are in place and operational between J39 and 41 in both directions! One has just dazzled me (they are rear facing so one would not know they'd been caught for speeding until a letter arrives) and clearly the majority of drivers think that if there's no yellow box in front and there are no road markings therefore there're no cameras there, but they do exist!

I've been driving on Shepcote lane tonight (from Tinsley roundabout towards the Prince of Wales road) and noticed a huge traffic sign saying smth like "New traffic signal and speed camera ahead". As it was dark and I was speeding (and who doesn't speed there?!) I could notice only the traffic light still covered and nothing else (not sure there were any repeater signs for cameras further down the road). There were definitely no road markings therefore there would be no rear facing camera (unless they've installed these new hadecs3 like on the motorways). Nor I noticed any flash while speeding which makes me hope it's not in use yet and i'll not get fined this time, he-he.

Has anyone heard of it? I checked safetycamera.org website and it does not say anything about this location.

Btw, for those commuting into Leeds or Wakefiled via M1, it seems the new speed cameras are in place and operational between J39 and 41 in both directions! One has just dazzled me (they are rear facing so one would not know they'd been caught for speeding until a letter arrives) and clearly the majority of drivers think that if there's no yellow box in front and there are no road markings therefore there're no cameras there, but they do exist!

Dont quote me on this but i believe new speed cameras have 15 days trial/warning period when they are installed in a new area so that people know about them.

There wasn't any cameras on shepcote lane between the Meadowhall roundabout and the turn off to the police operation centre on Monday, but you have to be a bit of a numpty to speed down the road towards Meadowhall as the cops are always sat in the little road next to American golf catching speeders.

Keep your speed at a reasonable level and you shouldn't have to stress out on this issue, what's the rush anyway?

Doesn't suprise me of they put one there as it be a little cash cow

but you have to be a bit of a numpty to speed down the road towards Meadowhall as the cops are always sat in the little road next to American golf catching speeders.

Have been driving there for about 6 months, Mon-Fri, twice a day and never seen any police car down Shepcote lane... Lucky me! :roll:

---------- Post added 27-01-2016 at 11:08 ----------

Keep your speed at a reasonable level and you shouldn't have to stress out on this issue, what's the rush anyway?

Well, if everyone followed this rule, nobody would speed, no? I commute to Bradford from S8 every day and it's a pretty long journey, sometimes even annoyingly long. Eventually one would just say "I want to get home" and start speeding. :huh:

I admit I do speed (and I admit I break the rules!) though I try not to exceed 10% over the speed limit and never do it in residential areas. Having commuted for quite a while i'm not surprised there are so many supporters to increase the NSL up to 80... :sad:

My other half actually got pulled over on Shepcote Lane some years ago for going too fast. So I know that the police do (or at least used to) pull people down there from time to time.

Until a month a go worked in the local area and used to see them a few times a week at various times

Please think about the lives of others instead of your own need to get home (understandable though it is). Also, you have more reason than most to value your licence because your livelihood depends on it. Remember Speed Kills.

Everyone speeds at some point in their life's, i got caught years ago paid my fine took my points. I didnt moan about it to family etc as it was my fault.