Internet prices

Evening,

I'm wanting to purchase a bouncy castle for my Grandkids to play on. I have seen a company that manufactures them. On their website there are a few advertised of the same size but different themes. One of the castles seems to be priced wrong, the company has put £115.00 instead of the rest £1150.00, which the same castles are priced up at. Where do I stand legally when enquiring and hopefully purchasing one, at the lower advertised price.

Hope this makes sense

Dave

Edited by sufcl2

Evening,

I'm wanting to purchase a bouncy castle for my Grandkids to play on. I have seen a company that manufactures them. On their website there are a few advertised of the same size but different themes. One of the castles seems to be priced wrong, the company has put £115.00 instead of the rest £1150.00, which the same castles are priced up at. Where do I stand legally when enquiring and hopefully purchasing one, at the lower advertised price.

Hope this makes sense

Dave

I'll guess they'll say its out of stock and offer you a very similar one at the correct price.

I'll guess they'll say its out of stock and offer you a very similar one at the correct price.

I'll guess someone else will read this thread and jump in and buy it first.

The company is under no legal obligation to sell the item for £115 . You suspect it is a genuine mistake by the seller and are trying to take advantage of the situation .

Email them and alert them to the incorrect price. They may reward your 'honesty' with a discount off the actual price. Everyone has E&OE on their t's and c's so trying to buy the one at the low price won't work.

When I saw this thread title I thought it was a topic about the prices of internet providers.

I have tried to Email the company but the message keeps getting bounced back. Surely as one of the leading castle manufactures in the UK they can get their prices advertised correctly. I suppose I am trying to take advantage of their mistake. Who wouldn't want a bargain.

You dont have a leg to stand on i'm afraid. The website should include terms and conditions that deal with pricing mistakes specifically and it should say they reserve the right to cancel. In any event they are not bound because any contract based on unilateral mistake is voidable and they have the right to avoid it i.e cancel it.

You dont think such mistakes happen all the time? Internet businesses would soon go out of business if such mistakes were binding. Rwenty% discount you might argue about but 90% seems unlikely as you already know.

I have tried to Email the company but the message keeps getting bounced back. Surely as one of the leading castle manufactures in the UK they can get their prices advertised correctly. I suppose I am trying to take advantage of their mistake. Who wouldn't want a bargain.

Go round Asda then, there's normally a few there.

When I was about 6 my old man went to fill up in a small garage in huddersfield. He noticed the pumps had be been set incorrectly are were at 10% of what they should have been set up and let the guy in the garage know. The guy was inordinately grateful and had us over to his house for a meal with his family (more of a feast and first time I had indian food a love of which has stayed with me).

The message that stayed with me (appart from a love of curries) was treat people fairly even if you get the opportunity to do them over and both you and they will be happier.

Evening,

Hope this makes sense

Dave

There is more chance of a snowball not melting in hell than getting the castle for £115.

Angel1.

Is this a wind-up? :hihi: