Do away with cycle lanes and speed bumps

I thought that speed bumps were going to be phased out because the speeding up and slowing down of car engines killed many more people in total than speeding cars.

Teenage boys still speed where there are speed bumps, which is actually more dangerous than speeding on a normal road.

I dunno, but the next cyclist that rings their bell at me, whilst cycling on the pavement will lose their teeth.

50 minutes ago, pearlt072 said:

I dunno, but the next cyclist that rings their bell at me, whilst cycling on the pavement will lose their teeth.

You have the right to enforce the law do you?

Vigilante idiot.

3 hours ago, pearlt072 said:

My four year old says, he'll forgive you, as they're only his milk teeth. 

6 hours ago, pearlt072 said:

What a small minded, emotionally damaged, thoroughly unpleasant specimen you sound. If you ever do that, It would be great if you got caught, charged and ended up in court.

6 hours ago, pearlt072 said:

I'm hoping it's me, you keyboard warrior. 

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I'm hoping it's me, you keyboard warrior. 

I don't have a bell on my bike but I might just get myself one in case I ever come across Mr 072.

The bell issue is a whole other can of worms. 

I’ve actually stopped using it and prefer instead to cycle past on the side with the most room. If you ring the bell and the person on foot moves, there is a 50% chance that they will actually step in front of you! 😵 

The 18mph "limit" for shared cycle paths originated in a Department for Transport cyclist conduct guide: https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/archive/2004/ltnwc/annexdcodeofconductnoticefor1688 

The relevant point is:

• Ride at a sensible speed for the situation and ensure you can stop in time. As a general rule, if you want to cycle quickly, say in excess of 18 mph/30 kph, then you should be riding on the road.