Is History about to repeat itself?

please re read what i wrote, i said IF WE HAD LISTENED TO HIM...but we didnt and we are now in a mess..
We're in no more of a mess now, than we were before, when Corbyn was still some obscure backbencher most had never heard of.

The truth always hurts i guess....was my statement wrong? if so, which part?
The part where you suggest that if the UK hadn't voted to go bomb Daesh alongside the US and France, it would somehow remain in splendid isolation from the international terrorist risk presented by Daesh and its followers.

Lest you forget, 7/11 occurred -and further terrorist plots were foiled by authorities- long before the Lybian and Syrian crises escalated into civil wars, and Lee Rigby was murdered -and still further terrorist plots continued to be foiled by authorities- long before that Parliamentary debate, never mind the ensuing vote.

We -our western, secular and cosmopolitan culture and way of life- have long long been the enemy, and the UK the 'little Satan'.

No point holding any gripes about Corbyn in that context, he's a domestics-first, isolationist politician clearly lacking an international perspective, so I certainly wouldn't expect any great political insights from him about Daesh. Then again, he'll never PM, so what does it matter.

Edited by L00b

We're in no more of a mess now, than we were before, when Corbyn was still some obscure backbencher most had never heard of.

The part where you suggest that if the UK hadn't voted to go bomb Daesh alongside the US and France, it would somehow remain in splendid isolation from the international terrorist risk presented by Daesh and its followers.

Lest you forget, 7/11 occurred -and further terrorist plots were foiled by authorities- long before the Lybian and Syrian crises escalated into civil wars, and Lee Rigby was murdered -and still further terrorist plots continued to be foiled by authorities- long before that Parliamentary debate, never mind the ensuing vote.

We -our western, secular and cosmopolitan culture and way of life- have long long been the enemy, and the UK the 'little Satan'.

No point holding any gripes about Corbyn in that context, he's a domestics-first, isolationist politician clearly lacking an international perspective, so I certainly wouldn't expect any great political insights from him about Daesh. Then again, he'll never PM, so what does it matter.

I am talking about going back years, when the decisions were made to invade other countries, one under the pretext of WMD, which was just an excuse to go and get our hands on all their lovely oil, Corbyn was against any of that involvement, and is still against any involvement.....there are enough people dropping bombs

please re read what i wrote, i said IF WE HAD LISTENED TO HIM...but we didnt and we are now in a mess..

The truth always hurts i guess....was my statement wrong? if so, which part?

Not as much as gas hurts Kurds but you're happy to stand by and let them be ethnically cleansed. How nice it would be "if we'd listened to Corbyn" and left Saddam to it.

Not as much as gas hurts Kurds but you're happy to stand by and let them be ethnically cleansed. How nice it would be "if we'd listened to Corbyn" and left Saddam to it.

It wasnt our war, and wasnt our problem...

and to be honest it wasnt worth risking one British life for....

but if you believe that was the real reason to go and invade the country, then thats up to you,

look where we are now, have we made the world a safer place? well....have we made it safer Eric?

At least we know where you stand in respect of your fellow man.

but if you believe that was the real reason to go and invade the country, then thats up to you,

look where we are now, have we made the world a safer place? well....have we made it safer Eric?

The Kurds are good people.

Since you're not willing to let brave people put themselves in harm's way to save others, shall we do away with the police and firemen?

Since you're not willing to let brave people put themselves in harm's way to save others, shall we do away with the police and firemen?

Probably not.

I'm not sure he should fancy his chances of being ****** on if he was on fire.

I am talking about going back years, when the decisions were made to invade other countries, one under the pretext of WMD, which was just an excuse to go and get our hands on all their lovely oil, Corbyn was against any of that involvement, and is still against any involvement.....there are enough people dropping bombs

Go back a little further than that. Can you think of something that started the chain of events in the Middle East - before afghanistan and Iraq? What did jeremy say then?

Probably not.

I'm not sure he should fancy his chances of being ****** on if he was on fire.

was the "probably not " comment in reply to my question when i asked if we had made the world a safer place Eric?

The Kurds are good people.

what an utterly stupid comment that is....you are comparing fireman with soldiers invading another country? lol

At least we know where you stand in respect of your fellow man.

you still believe it was about freedom and not oil...sheeesh

Go back a little further than that. Can you think of something that started the chain of events in the Middle East - before afghanistan and Iraq? What did jeremy say then?

go back as far as you want, they have always been fighting......its not our war

The fact that Deano cant answer this is pretty depressing. Corbyn is a liability and his stance on defence is one of the reasons the man is unelectable and Labour have already lost the next election.

If rotherham was on the recieving end of an isis column that would rape and murder at will would you object to an 'invader' intervening to stop them banjo?

Neither the 1991 nor 2003 invasions had anything to do with Saddam's treatment of the Kurds. The 1991 invasion was to do with Kuwait. The result of that was that Saddam could no longer mistreat anyone as the occupation meant he was hamstrung militarily.

Of course Iraq's use of chemical weapons against the Kurds was helped by the US's support for Iraq during the then war with Iran who the US also secretly armed at the same time.