Is History about to repeat itself?

It's ironic that in the 1930s the Jews were highly integrated within German society, with one of the highest rates of marrying outside of their faith. Maybe this was what threatened the nationalists so much?

Of course the refugee problem is a huge hurdle for Europe to face, I see it as being a problem between the haves and the have nots. The population of Europe's neighbours see our security and our prosperity and they not unreasonably think we want a bit of that. Obviously it's not the solution to allow them all to come here.

So the solution has to involve sorting the problem out at source and unfortunately I'm not sure that building a big wall to keep everyone out will work.

Well....the 'solution' (if there is one), isn't to allow free entry into anywhere they please. So although 'walls' are not the solution, at least it might slow the flow somewhat. Europe, as it stands is a powder keg waiting to explode.

Yes it's probably going to be, the haves and have nots that are going to be at odds. The muslims will simply become the new Jews. Especially if they get preferential treatment, which also seems to be happening.

Well....the 'solution' (if there is one), isn't to allow free entry into anywhere they please. So although 'walls' are not the solution, at least it might slow the flow somewhat. Europe, as it stands is a powder keg waiting to explode.

Yes it's probably going to be, the haves and have nots that are going to be at odds. The muslims will simply become the new Jews. Especially if they get preferential treatment, which also seems to be happening.

I'm not sure that free movement from outside Europe doesn't exist, currently the journey does seem to be very costly for a lot of the individuals making it. As I said obviously it's not the solution to allow them all to come here, but also I'm not sure that slowing the flow will do much apart from encouraging the flow to find another way.

How do Muslims get preferential treatment?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Are you going to be really principled and leave Britain and go and live in a non military interventionist country or maybe go and live somewhere in the Arab world?

No, I would rather be the bad one than the one having bad done to me.

I'm not sure that free movement from outside Europe doesn't exist, currently the journey does seem to be very costly for a lot of the individuals making it.

How do Muslims get preferential treatment?

Ummm...Once they get wherever they are going, they get fed and housed...Are there no indigenous people in Europe hungry and homeless? Including here in the UK. I'd say that was pretty preferential.

There is only one thing you need to know about Deash or ISIS or whatever they are called and that is how to kill them. Bomb them back into the stone age, then kill their goat.

Ummm...Once they get wherever they are going, they get fed and housed...Are there no indigenous people in Europe hungry and homeless? Including here in the UK. I'd say that was pretty preferential.

I'm sure that that's down to their refugee status rather than them being Muslim, also they're not allowed to work when they get here, so how are they meant to house and feed themselves?

I'm not sure that you can describe that as preferential treatment.

If Mort was here he would be banning you for derailing the thread.

They get given food and shelter not based on their religion , but because they claim asylum as refugees.

I hope you voted on the poll which asked whether you would opt out of giving an extra 10% of your earnings to charity.

There is only one thing you need to know about Deash or ISIS or whatever they are called and that is how to kill them. Bomb them back into the stone age, then kill their goat.

Has that approach ever worked against an ideology?

Btw who else amongst you thinks the ISIS sistuation is similar to the Nazis other than a violent group coming to power with an ideology?

I'm sure that that's down to their refugee status rather than them being Muslim, also they're not allowed to work when they get here, so how are they meant to house and feed themselves?

I'm not sure that you can describe that as preferential treatment.

Yes I see your point about being muslim. However, I'm pretty sure there are people all over Europe who are stuck in the cycle of not being able to get a job because they don't 'live' somewhere, and don't have an address etc...That don't get any help at all.

Hence both mine and your observation about the haves and have nots.

Has that approach ever worked against an ideology?

When we eventually got around to it, it worker rather well on the Nazis and the Japanese.

Yes I see your point about being muslim. However, I'm pretty sure there are people all over Europe who are stuck in the cycle of not being able to get a job because they don't 'live' somewhere, and don't have an address etc...That don't get any help at all.

Hence both mine and your observation about the haves and have nots.

So surely the problem that you're describing is overcome by finding a way to help the homeless overcome the barriers that is stopping them accessing help. This is an entirely different issue to why refugees get assistance.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 14:39 ----------

When we eventually got around to it, it worker rather well on the Nazis and the Japanese.

I thought that those wars were won on the battlefield?