Is History about to repeat itself?

Although, it has to be noted...Daesh's doctrine is pretty 'stone age'....(not literally)...hahaha

No arguments from me on that score.

The Americans have supposedly been doing that for the last 18ish months or so, and got where??

All the people who are so quick to slag Corbyn off, would do well to realise that if we had listened to him in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess, but we went along with our American puppet masters......to spread a little democracy :loopy:

Oh and how would Corbyn have dealt with them?...Have a line of Morris dancers across the Syrian border?

Anyway...That's entirely off topic....

Has that approach ever worked against an ideology?

Yes, Paganism was wiped out in ancient times. Zoroastrianism was virtually extinguished. The Cathars are another example. There are others.

Yes, Paganism was wiped out in ancient times. Zoroastrianism was virtually extinguished. The Cathars are another example. There are others.

Not sure about the others but Paganism is definitely alive and thriving! :)

The Americans have supposedly been doing that for the last 18ish months or so, and got where??

All the people who are so quick to slag Corbyn off, would do well to realise that if we had listened to him in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess, but we went along with our American puppet masters......to spread a little democracy :loopy:

You are absolutely right in asserting that this situation is of our making. Had we stuck to eliminating Bin Ladens group in Afghanistan and had left Sadaam and the other north African dictators in power the world would be at peace.

But we didnt, Bush and Blair lied and took us to war. We now have an enemy that does not fear death indeed welcomes it. We created the situation, but do we merely lay back and wait for them to kill us?

Corbyn is a fool if he thinks he can reason with them. Its a fight to the death and we must kill them before they kill us.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 15:34 ----------

Not sure about the others but Paganism is definitely alive and thriving! :)

Not in the form it was in the Roman Empire which is the context of my comment.

I'm taking the bomb them back to the Stone Age phrase to mean the same thing that General LeMay meant when we was quoted as saying it. Send in the bombers to comprehensively defeat the enemy, with very little need for ground support.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

You are absolutely right in asserting that this situation is of our making. Had we stuck to eliminating Bin Ladens group in Afghanistan and had left Sadaam and the other north African dictators in power the world would be at peace.

But we didnt, Bush and Blair lied and took us to war. We now have an enemy that does not fear death indeed welcomes it. We created the situation, but do we merely lay back and wait for them to kill us?

Corbyn is a fool if he thinks he can reason with them. Its a fight to the death and we must kill them before they kill us.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 15:34 ----------

Not in the form it was in the Roman Empire which is the context of my comment.

Daesh have exploited the Arab spring, which started in Tunisia and, to my knowledge, was not invaded or bombed by the UK or the USA. For that matter neither was Syria.

Edited by Berberis

Oh and how would Corbyn have dealt with them?...Have a line of Morris dancers across the Syrian border?

Anyway...That's entirely off topic....

please re read what i wrote, i said IF WE HAD LISTENED TO HIM...but we didnt and we are now in a mess..

Oh Hello.

This conversation was getting far too sensible. Welcome.

I suppose if we left the region alone, Daesh would disappear and it would be milk and honey for all.

The truth always hurts i guess....was my statement wrong? if so, which part?

Recent estimates place the current number of Zoroastrians at around 2.6 million.

Descent is met with death......

Especially if you fall off a cliff.

Recent estimates place the current number of Zoroastrians at around 2.6 million.

Modern day Zoroastrians or any other paganistic group (Pagenism is not a religious group) can only trace their roots back to the victorian era. There is no connection between modern day pagans etc and those who pre dated the Abrahamic religions.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 16:40 ----------

Especially if you fall off a cliff.

typo fixed.

Modern day Zoroastrians or any other paganistic group (Pagenism is not a religious group) can only trace their roots back to the victorian era. There is no connection between modern day pagans etc and those who pre dated the Abrahamic religions.

---------- Post added 26-01-2016 at 16:40 ----------

typo fixed.

Zoroastrianism has survived into the modern period, particularly in India, where it has been present since about the 9th century