Tram gates holiday con

Surely 26th December and New Years Day should be free of charge for tram gates - I've £90 in fines ( it doesn't seem to make sense the tram gates are free Sundays and bank holidays, ) there's no traffic at all on these days or buses. I feel cheated.:huh:

Isn't boxing day a bank holiday though??

Surely 26th December and New Years Day should be free of charge for tram gates - I've £90 in fines ( it doesn't seem to make sense the tram gates are free Sundays and bank holidays, ) there's no traffic at all on these days or buses. I feel cheated.:huh:

Boxing day wasn't a bank holiday or a Sunday though.

Which tram gate?

They have different hours of enforcement - you can find them on here;

https://maps.sheffield.gov.uk/LocalViewExt/Sites/BusTramGates/

Boxing day wasn't a bank holiday or a Sunday though.

Yeah, the 26th was a Saturday, the 27th the Sunday, and the Bank Holiday was the 28th...

This was Hillsborough tram gates. The change of Bank holidays was confusing - don't you think?

Do the signs for the tram gates mention bank holidays?

This was Hillsborough tram gates. The change of Bank holidays was confusing - don't you think?

Yes but weren't there signs at the tram gates? Usually there aren't trams on the 26th December but there were last month to and from Middlewood. The bank holiday was Monday 28th.

There are signs which change depending on whether the gate is open or closed, so there should be no doubt in anyone's mind

There are signs which change depending on whether the gate is open or closed, so there should be no doubt in anyone's mind

I've never looked on a BH, do they actually take these into account, or do they just run on a simple weekday cycle?

It wasn't confusing as everyone knew that the following Monday was the actual bank holiday, plus the gates have automated signs that clearly state whether or not you are allowed to go through them.

You made a mistake, I would take your fine and get on with your life.