Living at woodhouse mill

Possibly buying a property at woodhouse mill and was just wondering what the area is like.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

noticed a few houses up for sale around driver street, roodman drive ect.

any specific reasons as to why people may be putting them up for sale ?

new to the area so the last thing i want to do is buy a house on an area that has problems

Also, are there any bus services running from the terminus that go down granville road or city road ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by tonup
adding extra questions

Not a bad area at all and lived there for 28 years. I dont think there is any buses going to granville rd from the junction but there probebly will be from the village but its messing about.

The only downfall at the mill is the sewerage plant that does smell sometimes but very rarely now as they have deodorised it, in all fairness i have lived through it at its worts and its never bothered me and others alike.

Good luck !

recently put an offer in on a property down this area.

a friend of a friend (always seems to be the case) says he would advise against it as he has had lots of problems with immigrants going through trash and taking collection bags ect.

can anyone shed any light on these rumours as the few people i do know who live locally say its new to them and very unlikely ?

noticed a few houses have gone up for sale aswell.

its probably got me thinking too much but id rather ask than not.

Edited by tonup

recently put an offer in on a property down this area.

a friend of a friend (always seems to be the case) says he would advise against it as he has had lots of problems with immigrants going through trash and taking collection bags ect.

can anyone shed any light on these rumours as the few people i do know who live locally say its new to them and very unlikely ?

got to admit it has got me worried, especially as i have been driving around trying to keep an eye out on the area and although i havent seen anything remotely like trouble i have noticed 4 or 5 houses up for sale in the driver street/ rodman drive area ?

last thing i wanna do is buy a house on an area with problems,

thanks in advance !

I have never heard of the problems and know for a fact it is quiet and a good area.

Thanks

cant be much worse than where i am at the moment buddy but i dont wanna spend £130,000 on a house thats not quite right,thats all.

just me over thinking more than likely.

thanks for your replies though, you've been a great help !

---------- Post added 07-02-2016 at 17:11 ----------

wanna the lads i fish with lives on that soaphouse estate across the road and he has mentioned the smell that is hardly ever there and not worth worrying about so thats all good aswell.

cant be much worse than where i am at the moment buddy but i dont wanna spend £130,000 on a house thats not quite right,thats all.

just me over thinking more than likely.

thanks for your replies though, you've been a great help !

---------- Post added 07-02-2016 at 17:11 ----------

wanna the lads i fish with lives on that soaphouse estate across the road and he has mentioned the smell that is hardly ever there and not worth worrying about so thats all good aswell.

Its not bad at all now as they have sorted it out so no worries.

Cheers

immigrants problem down woodhus mill? Oo

i lived near the junction and hung around the mill for years until i moved away in 1988, still always visited mi dad when i could and he never once mentioned issues with immigrants down the mill lol, admittedly he died 5 years ago now mind.

Im in woodhouse next weekend (the village) for a funeral, thinking about walking round woodhouse see how its changed...and have my thoughts and memories, might walk down to the mill

the main smells on soaphouse lane were from the soap factory and all the dead cows etc being driven there...specially in summer

immigrants problem down woodhus mill? Oo

i lived near the junction and hung around the mill for years until i moved away in 1988, still always visited mi dad when i could and he never once mentioned issues with immigrants down the mill lol, admittedly he died 5 years ago now mind.

Im in woodhouse next weekend (the village) for a funeral, thinking about walking round woodhouse see how its changed...and have my thoughts and memories, might walk down to the mill

the main smells on soaphouse lane were from the soap factory and all the dead cows etc being driven there...specially in summer

Dead cows? Why were they driven there?

Dead cows? Why were they driven there?

its in the name...to make soap, there was a soap factory on soaphouse lane back in the 70s and 80s

Soap comes from dead cows???? Well I never knew that.

some does, less than used to tho...could be horses i cant remember now, one or two or both lol

used to stink when the lorries went past tho :gag:

There is no immigrant problem at woodhouse mill and really dont know where this has come from. My parents brothers and family live there and my local is there so would know.