Sky / satellite signal problems

Hello

Please could someone advise, I have a satellite dish with an octo lnb and cables running to differing rooms in the house. It was installed by my electrician as I am not with sky (in running freesat). I can only pick up the signal in some of the rooms. I am not sure if it is the satellite connections or whether the alignment is off. The error message is no signal defected. Although the signal in two of the rooms are working fine, I did have to manually align the dish a few weeks ago - without any equipment.

Please advise or better still, is anyone capable of sorting this for me at my cost?

Many thanks

If some rooms are fine then I would assume that the alignment etc is OK..I would be looking at the cabling..have these rooms ever worked properly?

Hi thanks for your reply. No the house was fully renovated so yesterday was the first time I tried to install a couple of tvs. All the cabling, wall points and dish is brand new. Thanks

It's possible it's not quite aligned right.

I had Jimmy Marsh of here to fit mine (Quad LNB) Might be worth letting him set the dish 100% right and go from there.

He's on this Thread

It's possible it's not quite aligned right.

I had Jimmy Marsh of here to fit mine (Quad LNB) Might be worth letting him set the dish 100% right and go from there.

He's on this Thread

Would mis-alignment lead to some rooms working OK and others not? Genuine question..

Honestly, I'm not sure.

I was thinking that a weak signal is maybe trying to get sent to 8 leads but on some it's just too weak.

Would mis-alignment lead to some rooms working OK and others not? Genuine question..

The LNB should have a single feed point form the dish and then multiple output. If one signal is OK then I'd expect all of them from the LNB to be OK.

Personally Id suspect cables. If you move the TV from faulty to good outlet what happens?

How does your signal get from the dish to each TV? Does each cable from the LNB go to a TV in each room?

Yes each cable from each room goes to the dish. One room, which works, has twin cable for recording on freesat. They all terminate at the dish and each room has a sky socket point. I need to test them all but I can confirm that definitely three points in two rooms work. At least 2 rooms do not. Thanks for all your replies.

it could also be the lnb has faulty ports or the cabling as previously said

thanks jimmy

So I'm not technical or have a suitable ladder. I am in the Bolsover area. If anyone fancies having a look then let me know. I will obviously pay accordingly. Thanks

hi we can call saturday if any good to you if so let us know

thanks jimmy