TV licence thread

2 hours ago, Mossway said:

Car Boot,

I take your point.

You are correct re the Sky and non-BBC channels etc

But you can still get some entertainment on your TV without a license,and of course you can have all the radio programmes,even if you listen to them on your TV receiver.

What a bargain.

Edited by RJRB

5 hours ago, RJRB said:

But you can still get some entertainment on your TV without a license,and of course you can have all the radio programmes,even if you listen to them on your TV receiver.

What a bargain.

It's only a bargain if one values the stiff upper middle class BBC content.

Many do not. 

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Many do not. 

Do you not see that your view of the BBC is the polar opposite of the right wing Conservatives who see it as being controlled by left wingers.

These opposing opinions would suggest that the BBC has got the balance about right.

4 hours ago, Car Boot said:

What, like Fleabag?  Mrs Brown's Boys?  Graham Norton?  Rylan? Zoe Ball? Sara Cox? Dr Who? Top Gear? Eastenders? This Country?

You really do talk some rubbish.

15 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Recent info suggests you don't need a licence if you basically don't tune into any programmes broadcast by the BBC or record 'live' TV as it's being broadcast.  Following dated Feb 2020:

https://www.moneysavinge

I was not aware of the change Baron-thanks. 

I have just phoned the licence No. I asked the following. "If I removed all the BBC channels from my tv tuner, would I still need a licence". The answer was yes.

Can anyone tell me how that is justifiable, really.

Edited by Janus

On 24/02/2020 at 10:27, alchresearch said:

What, like Fleabag?  Mrs Brown's Boys?  Graham Norton?  Rylan? Zoe Ball? Sara Cox? Dr Who? Top Gear? Eastenders? This Country?

It's the people who don't want the BBC TV poll tax.

The majority of licence fee payers do so out of fear of what might happen if they don't pay.

Your BBC - using intimidation and threats to exact money with menaces.

On 24/02/2020 at 10:27, alchresearch said:

Don’t forget about Football Heaven on BBC Radio Sheffield,  it’s worth the license fee on its own these days.

Edited by Mister Gee

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

It's the people who don't want the BBC TV poll tax.

The majority of licence fee payers do so out of fear of what might happen if they don't pay.

Your BBC - using intimidation and threats to exact money with menaces.

What about radio and online stuff?

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Proof? 

Today is International Women's Day 2020.

With 30% of all female prosecutions being for non-payment of the BBC TV licence fee, and women accounting for 72 per cent of all prosecutions for television licence evasion in 2017, it's time to hold the BBC to account for its highly gendered targeting of low income women.

End the gender profiling by BBC TV Licensing which results in three quarters of TV Licence prosecutions being made against women. 

Almost a third of all female prosecutions are for not paying the BBC TV poll tax. Shocking that in this day and age the BBC funding model is so dependent upon criminalising poor and vulnerable women.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Today is International Women's Day 2020.

With 30% of all female prosecutions being for non-payment of the BBC TV licence fee, and women accounting for 72 per cent of all prosecutions for television licence evasion in 2017, it's time to hold the BBC to account for its highly gendered targeting of low income women.

End the gender profiling by BBC TV Licensing which results in three quarters of TV Licence prosecutions being made against women. 

Almost a third of all female prosecutions are for not paying the BBC TV poll tax. Shocking that in this day and age the BBC funding model is so dependent upon criminalising poor and vulnerable women.

So you can't prove that the majority of licence payers do so from fear. Is that a deliberate lie or a mistake?

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So you can't prove that the majority of licence payers do so from fear. Is that a deliberate lie or a mistake?

"No one is going to tempt people into paying: the only method is the fear of what will happen if you don't." 

Esther Rantzen, 2008.

I don't suppose that on International Women's Day 2020 you care to offer an opinion about why the highly gendered targeting of low income women by BBC TV Licencing results in three quarters of all licence fee prosecutions being made against women? 

Do you support the sexist BBC view that women are more pre-disposed to the crime of TV Licence fee evasion than men?