TV licence thread

The £154.50 BBC TV Licence fee is nowhere near enough money for the wealthy, anti-working class, metropolitan elite who run the BBC so they are launching a new paid subscription streaming service to beat Netflix and Amazon Prime.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/27/britbox-this-bizarre-netflix-rival-will-surely-bomb

The BBC TV licence fee - so good the rich men of the BBC want us all to pay it TWICE.

Edited by Car Boot

The out of touch, affluent, upper middle class management at the BBC believe that repeats of 'Dad's Army' & 'Doctor Who' (both very good in their 1970's heyday) will be enough to convince people to pay for a subscription to the appallingly named 'Britbox' on top of the compulsory £154.50 BBC TV licence fee.

Here's an idea. How about the BBC become entirely voluntary subscription based? 

Britbox  ought to be the last p take from the bbc , now is the time for the bbc to be self funded. What happens to the ad revenue from dave etc ?

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The £154.50 BBC TV Licence fee is nowhere near enough money for the wealthy, anti-working class, metropolitan elite who run the BBC so they are launching a new paid subscription streaming service to beat Netflix and Amazon Prime.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/27/britbox-this-bizarre-netflix-rival-will-surely-bomb

The BBC TV licence fee - so good the rich men of the BBC want us all to pay it TWICE.

pig-eatingmoney-clipart-1.jpg

On Monday 1 April 2019 the licence fee increased to £154.50 for a colour licence.

Sir David Attenborough, meanwhile,  is about to front a new natural history documentary for Netflix, in the latest example of the streaming company taking on the out of date BBC.

Just what is the point of the BBC TV Licence fee in 2019? I don't know anybody who pays it.

The BBC is just one broadcaster among a great many. Why is it funded by a poll tax when the others are funded by a voluntary subscription or advertising?

This is 2019 - NOT 1979!

Edited by Car Boot

The TV Licence should be abolished. The BBC should be looking at other ways of funding this day and age.  

On 01/02/2019 at 20:56, melthebell said:

and more that can be spent on dodgy fags :)

therefore funding criminals and terrorists

I think you need to Google the phrase non sequitur.

Maybe the BBC should have an ad campaign based around "Buy a licence.... or the terrorists win". 

Personally I've not bought a licence since 2006, which means I've saved about £1800. All quite legally as well.

46 minutes ago, Vague_Boy said:

Maybe the BBC should have an ad campaign based around "Buy a licence.... or the terrorists win". 

Personally I've not bought a licence since 2006, which means I've saved about £1800. All quite legally as well.

i know what i said was in jest, but it was also true, if he doesnt have a tv license then the money saved can buy more dodgy fags, and thus fund dodgy characters

1 hour ago, Vague_Boy said:

What's a TV Licence?.¬!

Discuss the topic not each other please.