TV licence thread

see the usual "offence" brigade is in full effect, the whole thing about this is...........its voluntary

people can choose if they want to pay

see the usual "offence" brigade is in full effect, the whole thing about this is...........its voluntary

people can choose if they want to pay

Care to explain? Because its ambiguous at best.

If they have a warrant, then its not uncommon for them to have a policeman accompany them to make sure its enforced. How did you not know this?

No...how do they get evidence? Because to get a warrant you've got to got to go through courts....They don't just hand warrants out to anybody.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 21:15 ----------

Care to explain? Because its ambiguous at best.

You are ambiguous. .you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

only with co-operation, tell them nothing until a warrant appears:roll: doesnt happen often

Doesn't alter the fact that there are 3000 prosecutions/week ... I think you scoffed at that number..

.... Decide for yourself...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_detector_van

it's all very mysterious, and unless you are involved in enforcing the license, no one will ever know....

I have seen a van before that had a weird array on the top, and had TV Licensing on the side... wasn't either of the ones in that article though, and was about 20 years ago :S

EDIT:

It was SIMILAR to this one.... http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/05/article-0-188768C900000578-988_634x377.jpg

I know for a fact no vans with the right technology exist.., the only way a capita goon can gather evidence is to be let into your house.

I know for a fact no vans with the right technology exist.., the only way a capita goon can gather evidence is to be let into your house.

how do you know for a fact? can you prove it?

Until it's proven 100% either way, no one (except those 'in the know') will know for sure....

I know for a fact no vans with the right technology exist..

Capita used to be one of my customers..I could tell you that you are totally wrong but you won't believe me....

Capita used to be one of my customers..I could tell you that you are totally wrong but you won't believe me....

How would you know because on their website it says this?

We have a range of detection tools at our disposal in our vans.

Some aspects of the equipment have been developed in such secrecy that engineers working on specific detection methods work in isolation - so not even they know how the other detection methods work.

This gives us the best chance of catching licence evaders.

How would you know because on their website it says this?

We have a range of detection tools at our disposal in our vans.

Some aspects of the equipment have been developed in such secrecy that engineers working on specific detection methods work in isolation - so not even they know how the other detection methods work.

This gives us the best chance of catching licence evaders.

Did you not read the bit where I said they were one of my customers?

No...how do they get evidence? Because to get a warrant you've got to got to go through courts....They don't just hand warrants out to anybody.

---------- Post added 25-01-2016 at 21:15 ----------

You are ambiguous. .you really don't have a clue what you're talking about.

So explain what dont I have a clue about?

Ive stated they get a warrant and they need to get that from the Magistrates court under s 366 of the Communications Act 2003. They need to show a reasonable suspicion that an offence under s363 is being committed or that they are likely to find such evidence on the premises.