TV licence thread

14 minutes ago, euclid said:

I am calm owd lad..it's the rest who seem to be getting their knickers in a twist...but you are probably a good son and will buy it for your owd mum as a mothers day pressie.... go in the "Nags Head" and spout your opinion in there,take willman with you

You mean you actually researched this to see if it was true...how sad.I wondered how long it would be before the  researchers came out  All working class O.A.P's should get it free

Ben Fogle has donated his salary from one of his programmes to pay for pensioner licences.  Good for him. ..i think they should put income tax up to pay for it too from all those in good salary paid jobs :D

What a nasty thing to say....but then again all you seem to do is moan about pensioners...another keyboard warrior that can only say it while being invisible.....I remember long ago when my parents had a pub,one of the regulars used to say things like this...until another regular put him on his back in the taproom...never said it again... ......a taproom is where all the locals would go for a drink play doms/darts/cards etc....just for anyone who didn't know what one was...

So you think the ones who fought should get nothing.........the answers on this forum about O.A.P's make me ashamed to be a Yorkshireman.Personally i think it should be awarded to everyone at 65...... Just to say there is a post asking people to sign a petition on here by Gene...i have signed it...bet the're all wrong and all you saddo's are correct tho'    What a disgrace you all are...

Lol

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Define working class.

Me,you and everyone i know in Killamarsh which is quite a lot even tho' i don't live there anymore.,do you really have to ask that question,...I don't think.....i am not one of the chest beating "I'm working class  and proud of it"...I'mW/Class and NOT ASHAMED OF IT .....sadly most think they are middle class...whatever that is....getting away from the thead again

3 minutes ago, euclid said:

Its nothing about being a thug,i am not supporting them....in those days nobody took to using weapons...but they weren't afraid to speak their minds face to face...(as i do myself unfortunately,it gains more enemies than friends)  instead of cowering behind a keyboard spouting nastiness,..you have your free speech and it is YOU who does not like other's opinion's,same as everyone else that's moaning........When i was a child we did not have one... TV... until i was around 8/9 years old,when i lived in Sheff no inside loo just a backyard and paper on a nail, tin bath,no hot running water,and gas mantles to light..I never saw grass until i was 6/7...!sigh!  :cry::cry::cry: :cry:..but i digress and have come off the subject....Yes modern lifestyles do mean we live longer, i hope you DO live to a ripe old age as do your G/kids

I'm not cowering, I'd rather not spend my time in **** pubs flogging **** beer with people - who you say - will hit me for having a different opinion. Would they hit for not having racist or sexist opinions?

6 minutes ago, euclid said:

Its nothing about being a thug,i am not supporting them....in those days nobody took to using weapons...but they weren't afraid to speak their minds face to face...(as i do myself unfortunately,it gains more enemies than friends)  instead of cowering behind a keyboard spouting nastiness,..you have your free speech and it is YOU who does not like other's opinion's,same as everyone else that's moaning........When i was a child we did not have one... TV... until i was around 8/9 years old,when i lived in Sheff no inside loo just a backyard and paper on a nail, tin bath,no hot running water,and gas mantles to light..I never saw grass until i was 6/7...!sigh!  :cry::cry::cry: :cry:..but i digress and have come off the subject....Yes modern lifestyles do mean we live longer, i hope you DO live to a ripe old age as do your G/kids

What you've said is that if i mentioned OAP's not getting stuff for free i'd get smacked.  Thats being a thug and a bully and downright despicable behaviour which should result in criminal prosecution. You've agreed modern lifestyles provide longevity - so are people happier to have lived longer than there parents ? My dad is certainly happier to have passed the mortality age from when he was a child (45)

39 minutes ago, euclid said:

You mean you actually researched this to see if it was true...how sad.I wondered how long it would be before the  researchers came out

If you think that's sad, what do you think about someone lying about receiving a VC or lying about getting an email from someone who did (depending on whether you trust anything Morgan says)?

1 minute ago, willman said:

What you've said is that if i mentioned OAP's not getting stuff for free i'd get smacked.  Thats being a thug and a bully and downright despicable behaviour which should result in criminal prosecution. You've agreed modern lifestyles provide longevity - so are people happier to have lived longer than there parents ? My dad is certainly happier to have passed the mortality age from when he was a child (45)

He was a child in 1895?  So he's now 124 years old?

http://theconversation.com/life-expectancy-in-britain-has-fallen-so-much-that-a-million-years-of-life-could-disappear-by-2058-why-88063

Graph here.

Also, lower life expectancies in the past were largely not down to people living to an older age per se, but more down to the facts of high child mortality, frequent wars and an increased chance of death as an adult through accident at work (or other accident).

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'm not cowering, I'd rather not spend my time in **** pubs flogging **** beer with people - who you say - will hit me for having a different opinion. Would they hit for not having racist or sexist opinions?

I never said  " will hit me for having a different opinion. Would they hit for not having racist or sexist opinions?"..maybe for a nasty one like the ones on here,or you may get a clout from a woman for a sexist one.......like i said...take a walk up to the "Nag"

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-why-free-tv-licences-for-pensioners-are-being-restricted_uk_5cff7654e4b0da64c5374218

I thought this explained the reasoning pretty well.

If >75's these days are as a group much better off than they were in 2000, and the cost to continue providing free licenses is excessive, then it's correct that the policy be reviewed or revoked.

4 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Edited by euclid

1 minute ago, euclid said:

Pretty much like you with the amount of garbage you spout....

Did you have a point to make, or is this you just "speaking your mind", by which you presumably mean just being rude to people because you can't muster a sensible argument.

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Did you have a point to make, or is this you just "speaking your mind", by which you presumably mean just being rude to people because you can't muster a sensible argument.

I did actually remove the comment but not quick enough.....and i am not being rude,.....if i am i will apologise....and i can muster a sensible argument it's just that people don't like it....also i would prefer NOT to argue 

17 minutes ago, willman said:

I never said anything of the sort....you've taken it all out of context.....