TV licence thread

28 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Why? 

Would should pensioners who can easily afford the licence fee get it for free? 

Lizzy and Phill aren't complaining. :suspect:

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

Lizzy and Phill aren't complaining. :suspect:

They get a bye for giving the free broadcast on Christmas Day. 😉

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

You really need to pay much, much more for your ruling class propaganda.

If everybody who claimed to love the BBC paid £2000 - £10,000 per year for their BBC TV licence fee, there would be no more need to persecute the poor with this regressive tax.

But will the wealthy middle class put their money where their mouth is? Of course not.

God you talk some flannel.

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

If everybody who claimed to love the BBC paid £2000 - £10,000 per year for their BBC TV licence fee, there would be no more need to persecute the poor with this regressive tax.

But will the wealthy middle class put their money where their mouth is? Of course not.

The irony of your post is off the scale. You want out of the EU at any cost, are you going to stump up for the people who will suffer financially for this? I guess not.

Back on topic, I believe the licence fee should be means tested for the over 75's, I know millionaires who get winter fuel allowance (or used too, dunno if that has changed). Who would have thought that Mr. Boot, that will put hairs on your tits. ;) 

Have the BBC thought this through.How can they know who are on Benefits This is information that is protected by law

14 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Why? 

Would should pensioners who can easily afford the licence fee get it for free? 

I find people like you disgusting...:shakes:....did you see the D-Day...Remembrance...these are/would have been O.A.P'S who put their lives on the line so the likes of you can complain about them...you ought to be ashamed of yourself..but unfortunately you are not on your own on this forum.....

43 minutes ago, Robbiet said:

Have the BBC thought this through.

The government removed the funding not the BBC!

The question was put to the public, the majority of those who responded decided it should be reformed or scrapped.

The survey was widely publicised at the time, on the BBC and in national press and current affairs TV shows, it was open to every UK citizen.

Pretty sure it was discussed on here at the time also...

In Brexit parlance.. it was "the will of the people!"

How can they know who are on Benefits This is information that is protected by law

The same way any organisation gives any allowance, you provide proof or you don't get it.

Edited by Magilla

2 minutes ago, euclid said:

I find people like you disgusting...:shakes:....did you see the D-Day...Remembrance...these are/would have been O.A.P'S who put their lives on the line so the likes of you can complain about them...you ought to be ashamed of yourself..but unfortunately you are not on your own on this forum.....

What about OAPs who weren't even born until after the D Day? My mum didn't fight in any wars, has a nice fat pension and, critically, watches bbc quite alot. She's a bit miffed but why shouldn't she pay? Also bear in mind that the free tv licence is a relatively new thing - 2000 it came in. How did those d day veterans - all still pensioners back then, get on?

3 minutes ago, euclid said:

There’s no need to feel disgusted, it’s a perfectly fair comment.

I get free daytime bus travel, if I need it, free TV licence, Winter Fuel Allowance, an extra £10 @ Christmas and I don’t need nor really deserve any of it.

It’s the ones who are just over pension credit which is not a great deal of money this day and age who I feel sorry for. 

By cutting the Salaries down on the Jerks we see on the Beeb would surely make the licence cheaper plus stop sendig them on holidays. :rant:

19 hours ago, Robin-H said:

To be fair to the BBC they also produce some of the best programming in the world. Things like Planet Earth, Blue Planet etc are absolutely world class. 

17 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They produce fantastic radio as well. 

There will be no problem with the BBC becoming a subscribed to service then-problem solved?