TV licence thread

80 year old Mary Berry was on £50k, yes that is fifty thousand pounds

per episode for the Bake Off.

She is trying to get it going on ABC in the USA but sadly she has had to

take a big pay cut and will only earn 15k each show.

Ahhhh bless, how will she manage her weekly shop ?

Not sure how that equates to low rent scummers not paying their tv licence.

Its been free for me from day dot. I have never paid and never will.

It started at uni, when the licensing goons wanted every room to buy a TV license...since that day never purchased one & never will.

More disgusting than letting other people pay for what you use?

Who is doing that then?

It started at uni, when the licensing goons wanted every room to buy a TV license...since that day never purchased one & never will.

You miss out on some good TV, radio and web service - unless you're a big hypocrit of course.

A lot of its twaddle though ;)

More disgusting than letting other people pay for what you use?

Is that more or less disgusting than asking over 75's to give up their free TV license? It's so complicated that ITV could make a blockbuster drama out of it. :)

Do you watch live TV?

Some here think it's okay to mug people in the street and take their money.

Doesn't actually make it okay in the eyes of society though does it.

Not the same thing Is it.

I think what a lot are boycotting is the biased programming.

As a republican i can never buy a tv license. Its against my beliefs.

Is that more or less disgusting than asking over 75's to give up their free TV license? It's so complicated that ITV could make a blockbuster drama out of it. :)

Some over 75's are quite wealthy... nothing wrong in asking them to contribute..

The free TV license for over 75s was a government introduced measure with the cost borne from taxation.

For some reason this cost must now be paid by the BBC.

Personally I think that TV without the BBC channels would be largely unwatchable so despite its shortcomings,and some of the red herrings above,let them strive to improve to higher standards and run their own business.

If they wish to ask those who can afford to pay to do so,fair enough but I can't see them getting a worthwhile response.

Will the government also be planning for the fuel sector to pay pensioners the winter fuel allowances?

Do you watch live TV?

Yes indeed. And tv licensing are welcome to investigate. Im on the electoral roll...Harry Stanning..look me up.

I heard that TVL still do this but my Uni days are long behind me so i couldn't say for sure.

I was at a friends recently and they turned up then. Oh My GOD! The lies this guy told my friend at the door were incredible. Some funny but most distressing when you consider not everyone is as confident at dealing with doorstep salesmen and pests as my friend is. Im sure TVL know the methods used by Capita but i think they just don't care.

Yes indeed. And tv licensing are welcome to investigate. Im on the electoral roll...Harry Stanning..look me up.

Do you watch/listen to the bbc at all?