Best place to buy gerbils

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy gerbils?

Thanks,

Lucy

We bought a couple from Pets at Home on Kilner Way just after Christmas. They are happy and healthy still!

I've previously found gerbils through this forum (rescued and from breeders) through Preloved and occasionally from the local pet superstores - and I know there are pros and cons attached to each option. Wherever I get them, I always try to make sure they are healthy. My latest 4 (all males - I actually wanted 3 males or females, but it would have been mean to leave the 4th behind!) came from Jollyes a couple of years ago and 3 of the 4 are still going strong (they don't have a long life expectancy). Mine are in a converted 2.5 ft long fish tank, which gives them lots of room to burrow, chew and do what gerbils do. Love the little critters, so entertaining.

Avoid pets at home like the plague! Google Simons Rodents.... Thats where they come from

Avoid pets at home like the plague! Google Simons Rodents.... Thats where they come from

Why??

Out of genuine interest..

They batch breed them in massive warehouses, I dont know if its still on there, but PETA broke in and took some footage of how they are kept and its horrible

They batch breed them in massive warehouses, I dont know if its still on there, but PETA broke in and took some footage of how they are kept and its horrible

That's terrible!!

I bought my daughter a Syrian hamster from there about a year ago! poor little loves...

Think benny might get fed extra cheese and cucumber tonight!

Thanks for the info