Chip Shop Sutherland Rd Baths

Can anyone remember what the chip shop was called up the side of Sutherland road baths? It was on Buckenham Drive. The chips seemed to taste different to other chippies and looked more like the ones we cooked at home. Any memories?

Anyone have memories of this chippy.

Sure do. When we went there with the school swimming we would get one of those small brown loaves rip the top and eat it then fill it with chips. Delicious.

Can anyone remember what the chip shop was called up the side of Sutherland road baths? It was on Buckenham Drive. The chips seemed to taste different to other chippies and looked more like the ones we cooked at home. Any memories?

The chip shop was Moody's then on Earsham Street now Buckenham Drive. That property was, like the rest of the area demolished around 1975/76. I think they cooked their food in beef dripping- similar to Lomas' on Main Road Darnall- giving it a unique taste. Hope I'm not starting another 'Chip shop' thread here as they are well chronicled elsewhere.

Edited by stpetre
add

Thanks for your replies and info.

Hi yosser. Dont remember the chips but I remember the bread. I learned to swim at sutherland road baths! Seemed big at the time but probably about the size of a washbasin really.

Hi yosser. Dont remember the chips but I remember the bread. I learned to swim at sutherland road baths! Seemed big at the time but probably about the size of a washbasin really.

I think all the swimming baths were all about the same size with Glossop Road being bigger. Not sure about Longley Park tho'.

it was 25yrd in length 12yrd width.

used to go to heeley baths,then call at the chippy on abbeydale road ,it was tops,but talking about food thats why we were slimmer,all that excercise then food,now its computor and a takeway delivered