Ps3 super slim upgrade help

hi all.

i have a ps3 super slim 12gb. thanks to the lego dimensions game, i need more memory.

not confident in upgrading it myself, have watched a few videos.

is there anyone out there that may help and what would the cost be.

thanks

It really is easy, buy a laptop hard drive, stick it in and it'll detect it and set it up!!

If you do get stuck tho, lemme know

I will second that, there really is nothing to it. The only catch is you need to buy the HDD caddy.

The 12GB is much easier than other PS3 models which need you to faff around with firmware on USB sticks.

If you buy any laptop hard drive all you do is take one screw out and just slide the new one in. Then you have to go though all the updating. I'm going to be upgrading my PS4 hard drive from 500GB to 2TB soon.

If you buy any laptop hard drive all you do is take one screw out and just slide the new one in. Then you have to go though all the updating. I'm going to be upgrading my PS4 hard drive from 500GB to 2TB soon.

The 4GB super-slim works slightly differently than going from an existing HDD to a new one.

1) It doesn't come with the HDD caddy

2) You don't have to the do the fiddling with USB sticks and firmware updates as you are not removing the existing drive. When moving from the built-in memory to a HDD, it is able to simply move the data over.

Edited by AlexAtkin

I will second that, there really is nothing to it. The only catch is you need to buy the HDD caddy.

The 12GB is much easier than other PS3 models which need you to faff around with firmware on USB sticks.

You don't even need the caddy, just something to go under the drive to support it is fine.

While I might do that myself, I would never recommend it to someone else as you have no idea how much they might be moving their console around.

The caddy also likely helps in heat dissipation.

Edited by AlexAtkin