The Bible of Urban Regeneration (SCC take note!!)

I haven't posted on here for some time for various reasons but I think this video is incredibly important in understanding the needs and requirements for regenerating a city in a sustainable way, for the betterment of all its citizens and without cow towing to vested self interest groups (SCC and universities take note).

As people who know me from old will know, I'm not religious but this is as close to a bible for me as I can imagine! :)

Edited by six45ive

That link doesnt work...

Perhaps one of the reasons the OP hasn't posted for some time........

It might be meant to be cryptic - although how a trailer for "Suicide Squad" links to Urban Regeneration has got me scratching my head.

Lol, that's strange, it works for me but I linked to it by my phone so that may be the problem. I'll take a look when I get home tonight and post a link from my computer. Apologies. If you Google 'Alain de Botton - how to make an attractive city' it should take you straight to the video. :)

Thanks for that link Longcol. The commentary of the article is pretty vacuous and lazy but hopefully most people are intelligent enough to get it from watching the video in its entirety. :)

---------- Post added 23-01-2016 at 16:40 ----------

I've changed the link in the OP so it should now take you to the video. Here it is again.

Thanks for posting. This is an article talking about the same thing.

http://www.thebookoflife.org/why-you-should-never-say-beauty-lies-in-the-eye-of-the-beholder/

I don't think that or the original by the OP that directly linked to urban regeneration - that would be eg the change in the canal basin from derelict warehouses to offices and hotels - the transormation of Kelham Island from run down factories to urban living.

Making somewhere more aesthetically pleasing doesn't guarantee regeneration - it can help - but as much as jobs, improved transport?