Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2016

we broke our internet at work last year watching this. Turns out we had a limit on usage that we didn't know about and we were all sat watching the peregrines every day :hihi::hihi::hihi: Can't wait to see how many chicks we get this year :love:

she laid 1 egg but knocked it and it rolled away from the nest area. It looked as if she was trying to protect that egg whilst struggling to lay others. After about 30 mins she gave up and left the nest. One solitary abandoned egg can be seen in the box.

How sad.

---------- Post added 19-03-2016 at 09:28 ----------

She's back on the nest, but no more laying.

How long can an egg survive for when left in the nest, anyone know????

she laid 1 egg but knocked it and it rolled away from the nest area. It looked as if she was trying to protect that egg whilst struggling to lay others. After about 30 mins she gave up and left the nest. One solitary abandoned egg can be seen in the box.

How sad.

It's not abandoned. She'll be back. And, hopefully, more eggs will be laid over the next few days. Fingers crossed that we'll be able to see them all. Hello again to all past "peregrine watchers" and welcome to all new ones. Another few weeks of no housework!!

How sad.

This is quite normal behaviour, the eggs aren't all laid together, there may be several days apart. Both parents will incubate the eggs when the egg laying is completed, if they did them as they are laid then the young would all be different sizes which would mean that the last laid would be too small to survive.

How sad.

They don't lay a clutch all at once Miss Lounty, its spread over days around 30 hours apart or so. They don't sit on the eggs constantly until they are all laid, that way they incubate together and hatch pretty much close together, or some would be much older than the last hatched and have less survival chance due to being smaller and weaker and not able to fight their siblings for food.

As long as they're not left in very cold spells for long periods of times they are okay, she's an experienced mum and has raised several chics over the last few years

It's not abandoned. She'll be back. And, hopefully, more eggs will be laid over the next few days. Fingers crossed that we'll be able to see them all. Hello again to all past "peregrine watchers" and welcome to all new ones. Another few weeks of no housework!!

I love this, every spring it's exciting to watch them and haven't we all learned so much about them. I'm quite the expert now haha. It's absolutely wonderful to be able to go and watch at the church in real life when they hatch :love:

I love this, every spring it's exciting to watch them and haven't we all learned so much about them. I'm quite the expert now haha. It's absolutely wonderful to be able to go and watch at the church in real life when they hatch :love:

Must be the only thread on the forum where no one argues. and you're right Utah we've all learned so much over the last few years

Thanks Utah and Orangepip!!

That's a relief to know. I was lucky enough to see the first egg being laid, can now look forward to watching and waiting for more!

Thanks Utah and Orangepip!!

That's a relief to know. I was lucky enough to see the first egg being laid, can now look forward to watching and waiting for more!

Do you watch the others, there's one over where Duffems lives in Norwich, one in Bath and also Nottingham

No, I feel that i have only enough nervous energy for the Sheffield peregrines!

No, I feel that i have only enough nervous energy for the Sheffield peregrines!

Wait till they start standing on the ledge, you'll know what nerves are then.

One fell a couple of years ago, a guy on the forum sat by it all night keeping an eye on it.