Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2016

Father just been feeding four young in Derby......One in particular was having a good feed.

The chicks now look bigger than Daddy! Time they went surely ?

Father just been feeding four young in Derby......One in particular was having a good feed.

The chicks now look bigger than Daddy! Time they went surely ?

I think they are due to fledge in the next few days; they were born a good week after the Sheffield chicks

Lovely to see the Derby chicks - helps the withdrawal from all the webcams although 2 still there in Norwich too - was one but one flew back in

One semi-fledged in Norwich about 5 a.m. today, it was making a racket obviously having seen father, the other was out of sight in the corner. The one making the noise (YY) suddenly ran and flew out of the box landing on a crocket below and carried on making a din. The one which had been hiding around the corner suddenly appeared followed by the father with breakfast, YY had no breakfast but, did fly back into the box where it's been ever since. It's learnt its' lesson, stay in the box if you want to eat.

Three back in Bath nest this morning .....

Teatime in Bath right now - one juvenile being fed and the other watching

YY has fledged in Norwich this morning early leaving just the smallest one who had the infection, it seems like she's had a hard life already. She's sitting all alone and looking very bedraggled in all this rain, it's probably best if she remains in the nest until the weather improves.

Latest news on 42 who was the smallest chick in Norwich. Sadly she disappeared from the ledge of the nest last night. It isn't known whether she fell or was pushed by GA.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 07:30 ----------

YY has fledged in Norwich this morning early leaving just the smallest one who had the infection, it seems like she's had a hard life already. She's sitting all alone and looking very bedraggled in all this rain, it's probably best if she remains in the nest until the weather improves.

Latest news on 42 who was the smallest chick in Norwich. Sadly she disappeared from the ledge of the nest last night. It isn't known whether she fell or was pushed by GA.

People are out looking for the chick in case it's in the Cathedral grounds.

Edited by DUFFEMS

Hope she's safe, I watched her a lot yesterday and last night so it must have been late when she went........fingers crossed......

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 07:30 ----------

People are out looking for the chick in case it's in the Cathedral grounds.

When I was watching 42 last night (8.30?), she was fed by the tiercel who appeared to be using the food to tempt her into fledging by dragging it around the ledge. Then he tried to feed her, which was largely unsuccessful, and finally he flew off, leaving the food behind. 42 dragged the food into the corner of the ledge but then ignored it. There was a lot of practice flapping going on and so it did not surprise me this morning to see the ledge empty.

This is a quote from a poster on the Norwich forum:

I’m at the cathedral now and have been told that 42 was found dead last night at the bottom of the cathedral. There will be a press release later today. YY & 41 have been taken into care as they were too low to take flight. Norman & GA are away at the moment.

This is a quote from a poster on the Norwich forum:

I’m at the cathedral now and have been told that 42 was found dead last night at the bottom of the cathedral. There will be a press release later today. YY & 41 have been taken into care as they were too low to take flight. Norman & GA are away at the moment.

How sad. Thanks for providing the update.

An update issued on situation in Norwich by Hawk and Owl Trust. Well worth a read. Sadly, two chicks dead and two now taken into care - fingers crossed for them. It reads that GA had a big part in what has happened and now appears to have taken over the nest box. What a sad roller coaster that has been.

How very sad :( .....GA is in nest box now.. I know it's nature , but still get attached to them.....