Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2016

Empty nest in Nottingham - all chicks gone on a walk about

Just seen this. No sign of them on the ledge either. How far can they have "walked"?

---------- Post added 22-05-2016 at 17:07 ----------

An awful lot of screeching in Nottingham and not a chick to be seen. Hope they're o.k.

Just seen this. No sign of them on the ledge either. How far can they have "walked"?

---------- Post added 22-05-2016 at 17:07 ----------

An awful lot of screeching in Nottingham and not a chick to be seen. Hope they're o.k.

They do this every year don't worry. They walk about then return when they're due a feed, one of the parents is always around. The ledge goes quite a way round and is under cover. Sometimes you can hear them pecking at the pipework which sounds weird. I think they have the best site. Years ago they laid their eggs on the ledge but, unfortunately the eggs were washed away with the rainwater which is why the "scrape" was built as it is.

I thought there was a problem at Notts but then remembered last year. The chicks seem to like the bit that's out of view of any camera, to the bottom of camera 1 & 2.

They do this every year don't worry. They walk about then return when they're due a feed, one of the parents is always around. The ledge goes quite a way round and is under cover. Sometimes you can hear them pecking at the pipework which sounds weird. I think they have the best site. Years ago they laid their eggs on the ledge but, unfortunately the eggs were washed away with the rainwater which is why the "scrape" was built as it is.

Thanks for that info. See they're back in the scrape now. Can relax now!!

Norwich chicks just been fed.

One of the parents was just on the ledge partially obscuring the camera, switched to other cam and chicks were just looking at it. Don't know if they were wanting it to go and get some more food.

If you look at the Notts. site now you'll see that the camera has been angled to show where the chicks have wandered off to as they seem to do each year.

The Norwich chicks are walking around like they're wearing badly fitting shoes. Dad seemed to be coping at the moment.

When the Notts and Sheffield ones start standing on the ledge, I can't watch, and the Bath ones look like they could go overboard anytime.

In fact I'm not sure my nerves can stand much more. I don't know why I look forward to it every year.

Feeding time in Sheffield.. The chick on the left seems to be having to lions share!

Just logged on from Greece for first time in a week. They are HUGE!!