Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2016

Supper time in Sheffield.

what will happen with the egg thats left in sheffield , is there still time for it to hatch ?

Edited by tattood

There is an empty egg shell in the Derby nest but not seen a chick yet

---------- Post added 03-05-2016 at 20:22 ----------

what will happen with the egg thats left, is there still time for it to hatch ?

It's too late to hatch now - will be removed when the chicks are ringed

Feeding time in Sheffield

-

2 chicks in Derby - crying out for food as both parents absent. been waiting all evening for Mum to fly off

http://www.derby.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/parks-and-open-spaces/wildlife/peregrines/peregrine-camera-4/

---------- Post added 04-05-2016 at 20:09 ----------

oh no - both parents have come back to the nest without food and the chicks are screaming out with beaks wide open looking for food

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 16:49 ----------

-

3 chicks in Derby now

Parents are away so good time to see the chicks and remaining egg

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 17:30 ----------

-

Teatime in Bath for the three chicks there

http://upp.hawkandowl.org/bath-peregrines/bath-st-johns-church-peregrine-live-web-cam-2016/

Is it that i catch the Sheffield chicks being fed at the wrong moment, or is there one chick ( in the middle now) that never seems to get its fair share of food. It always seems to be looking the wrong way whenever I see them being fed?!

Is it that i catch the Sheffield chicks being fed at the wrong moment, or is there one chick ( in the middle now) that never seems to get its fair share of food. It always seems to be looking the wrong way whenever I see them being fed?!

I thought that a bit ago. One chick was stuck behind the redundant egg and although it was calling and gaping it wasn't getting fed. Towards the end of the feeding it was getting fed though. I think the Sheffield Peregrines get so much food that there is enough to go round. They also have a larder up on top of the church. I've been watching the birds for a few years now and I'm not sure any chicks have died through lack of food.

Breakfast time

Grub's up.

Not spotted the egg of late unless they're all huddled on top of it.

Not spotted the egg of late unless they're all huddled on top of it.

Last year it was removed for analysis. It would make sense for the parents to eat it for added nutrients.