Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2016

Looks like the first egg in Derby? And Dad's visiting!

All 5 parent birds asleep on top of their eggs - all 5 have their heads tucked under their wing to keep their beak warm - soooo sweet

---------- Post added 31-03-2016 at 19:27 ----------

2 eggs in Derby now

and all parent birds fast asleep

Gone very quiet on this thread. All ok?

Gone very quiet on this thread. All ok?

Probably because there isn't much happening yet. When the eggs hatch it will be the busiest threat on the forum

Probably because there isn't much happening yet. When the eggs hatch it will be the busiest threat on the forum

So is four the final number of eggs then or us there chance of more? Is she incubating them now?

Edited by chocki

Both parents are taking it in turns to sit on the eggs, although they left the eggs unattended this afternoon for a short while.

I am spending this relatively boring time trying to work out who is mum and who is Dad. Just when I think I have it sussed, something happens to prove otherwise.

So is four the final number of eggs then or us there chance of more? Is she incubating them now?

No more eggs for Sheffield chocki too much time has passed

---------- Post added 03-04-2016 at 21:17 ----------

Both parents are taking it in turns to sit on the eggs, although they left the eggs unattended this afternoon for a short while.

I am spending this relatively boring time trying to work out who is mum and who is Dad. Just when I think I have it sussed, something happens to prove otherwise.

As long as it's not cold or for long, the eggs can be left for short periods, they will be nearby keeping an eye on them

The male is much smaller than the female

Edited by Orangepip

Maya the osprey at Rutland Waters has laid her first egg. Spend most of my time changing from one web cam to another. Another good site is Cornell Lab of Ornithology. They have ospreys, albatrosses, red tailed hawks, great horned and barn owls and a condor that has just had its egg hatch all on webcams.

Maya the osprey at Rutland Waters has laid her first egg. Spend most of my time changing from one web cam to another. Another good site is Cornell Lab of Ornithology. They have ospreys, albatrosses, red tailed hawks, great horned and barn owls and a condor that has just had its egg hatch all on webcams.

I thought Maya went missing last year

How many eggs have we got in Sheffield?