Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2016

Was the falcon, Orangepip!!!:) Didn't fancy what she was having!!

Nowt like a bit o'pigeon first thing in a morning.

Wait until they start bringing home the food for the young 'uns, they stuff feathers, innards and the lot down their throats!

Miss Lounty, to distinguish the male from the female, the female is much larger, I'm saying nowt else on the grounds of incriminating missen.

At the moment, all the eggs are left in all the nests in Norwich, Notts. and Sheffield too, must have gone off for a Sunday pint.

Edited by DUFFEMS

I think the male has a paler chest too, it is hard to tell them apart unless they are together at the same time, as a rule of thumb though the female usually incubates during hours of darkness too. I hope that info is right !!!

I've also done a bit of investigating. Apparently the female has a speckled "bib" above her white tummy. The male is all white on his front.

Is it usual for this amount of time to pass between laying ?? I'm sure last year all four were laid closer together than this ??

Is it usual for this amount of time to pass between laying ?? I'm sure last year all four were laid closer together than this ??

Last year the first egg was laid on the 19th; second on 22nd; third on 24th and fourth on 27th.

It's like our very own soap opera, albeit real and more important.

Thanks for info, I didn't realise they were that far apart, I'll stop fretting now !!

According to the sbsg peregrine blog, the female is a new one. The old female may have died due to illness or has been usurped by the new falcon.

Egg no.2 for the Norwich falcon.