Increase to rod licence

So we all know the change is coming though no mention of cost from the EA as yet.

Obviously they have decided what the cost will be.

If the Angling Trust get their way they will abolish the junior licence, make it so specimen anglers only need to buy one licence instead of two, and have a rolling 365 day licence from the date purchased.

All the above sound good ideas to me but there is no mention of if there will be a change for anglers using one rod.

The change to multi rod users seems fair but there has to be a fair option for anglers who can manage with a single rod.

We haven't had an increase for 5 years so are due one.

Edited by Mr Hinks

think i've heard a fiver more as they want to make the kids licenses free so the normal license will cover the cost

My concern is that if the changes are to make it fair for multi rod uses.

The Angling Trust says it's unfair for anglers who use three rods to have to buy two licences, meaning they are buying a second licence for using a third rod. Which I agree, but how can it be fair to anglers who use one rod to pay the same price price as someone who uses three.

And the AT is supposed to be the voice of all anglers. Well we will see, I don't hold much faith it will be fair for all. As I said before.

If you are right with a fiver increase that would make the licence for three rods £32.

Adding a fiver would cover the junior £5 licence that will be abolished. There will still be a loss of £12 on multi rod licences.

I reckon to be fair to all a single rod licence should be £16, will that happen I doubt it.

The AT also say the EA should not lose any money from the changes so where will the money come from.

Got my reminder yesterday £27

Got my reminder yesterday £27

got mine also would not mind if it was double that still a bargain

have to ask, why would it still be a bargain at double the price

have to ask, why would it still be a bargain at double the price

less than a pound a week, where else could you get entertainment for a pound a week;)

The rod licence is excellent value for money. Before the national licence came into force I used to buy two licences for the yorkshire, trent and lincolnshire regions plus the occasional weekly one when I fished in northumbria. These, in total, cost me more than i'm paying now.

It is decent value the national rod licence as it is.

I'm sure anyone can make a donation to the EA if they feel they should pay more.

It is decent value the national rod licence as it is.

I'm sure anyone can make a donation to the EA if they feel they should pay more.

i agree with you MR HINKS then them that could not afford it like some could get a free licence, i mean a pound a week is a lot to some people dont u agree:D

My post regarding making donations was in reply to this. Not everyone's thought.

i agree with you MR HINKS then them that could not afford it like some could get a free licence, i mean a pound a week is a lot to some people dont u agree:D

People who can't afford the licence would include juniors, they are to get a free licence if the EAs new proposals are in place.

Also as has been mentioned before a good idea would be a six month licence for some, it would suit many anglers.

Seen on another web site the EA haven't made a decision regarding 2017 licences and they will have further talks throughout this year before any increase is announced.

Edited by Mr Hinks