Financial help towards cat treatment

Hello,

My much loved cat needs a camera down his nose and throat and xrays under GA.

We don't have pet insurance on him. Yes I know, an irresponsible move on our part and I feel awful for this in regards to letting him down.

We aren't eligible for PDSA as we arent on Housing Benefit or Council Tax benefit. However I am on ESA.

Are there any charities out there who can help us? Yes I know, I shouldnt really be looking to charities to help me out when I should have been tesponsible and got cat insurance, but thats too late now.

My beautiful boy is 8 and I can not live without him. I will pay back the money a bit a month. Im willing to sign a legal contract to this effect.

I cant get a loan or credit card. I have tried. Nor do i have parents I can ask.

Thank you

Hello,

My much loved cat needs a camera down his nose and throat and xrays under GA.

We don't have pet insurance on him. Yes I know, an irresponsible move on our part and I feel awful for this in regards to letting him down.

We aren't eligible for PDSA as we arent on Housing Benefit or Council Tax benefit. However I am on ESA.

Are there any charities out there who can help us? Yes I know, I shouldnt really be looking to charities to help me out when I should have been tesponsible and got cat insurance, but thats too late now.

My beautiful boy is 8 and I can not live without him. I will pay back the money a bit a month. Im willing to sign a legal contract to this effect.

I cant get a loan or credit card. I have tried. Nor do i have parents I can ask.

Thank you

It sounds like the treatments you need to fund are all diagnostic treatments, so there could well be some more very big bills on the horizon.

My little Ralphie cat died just before Christmas, he was a similar age to your cat. We spent £600 trying to rescue the situation before we had to make the very difficult decision that we were prolonging his suffering.

It sounds like the treatments you need to fund are all diagnostic treatments, so there could well be some more very big bills on the horizon.

My little Ralphie cat died just before Christmas, he was a similar age to your cat. We spent £600 trying to rescue the situation before we had to make the very difficult decision that we were prolonging his suffering.

It could be, that there is a foreign body stuck. The vet said it is quite common to find connifer and other such particles stuck ao high up the cat cant sneeze or cough it out. As he doesn't have a temp ans is eating ok she doesnt think it is a tumour or anythinf bad it as its an area they cant see they need the scopt to see and hopefully remove said particle.

Obviously it could be worse case scenario but more than likely its something stuck.

It could be, that there is a foreign body stuck. The vet said it is quite common to find connifer and other such particles stuck ao high up the cat cant sneeze or cough it out. As he doesn't have a temp ans is eating ok she doesnt think it is a tumour or anythinf bad it as its an area they cant see they need the scopt to see and hopefully remove said particle.

Obviously it could be worse case scenario but more than likely its something stuck.

That does sound a much better scenario than I'd imagined, so good luck.

Does anyone know of anywhere like like pdsa that help people on ESA?

Long shot I know but can the vets do anything like allow you to pay back in instalments?

Have you asked the vet if they would let you pay over a few months?

Have the vets said how much it will cost to do the camera/xrays?

Speak to your vet most will offer a repayment scheme hope your cat is OK soon x

most vets do repayment plans these days so go and ask about it ORRRR find a friend on housing or tax benefits and get them to claim the cat is there's and they can take him to the PDSA.

I really feel for you, I'm in the same position with my dog. I had to beg the vet to see me an let me pay later(which thankfully they did). It has cost me over £300 now(which i have paid) but we are back on Monday for more test's as still not sure what is wrong. I have borrowed from friends and family and will worry about the rest later. Hope you find a way to help your cat. Your not a bad owner, you are doing all you can.

The cost is £850. The deposit they need is £400. He needs it doing in next few days. Im going to sell some things tomorrow in town. He is very poorly. Im hoping its not a nasal tumour :(