Lead Thieves - watch out!

So you're proposing that the thieves get off with a caution whereas the scrap dealers who may buy in good faith get a big fine or prison.

I think you'd be pretty naive to buy a bit of lead off some scally thats been ripped off someones bay window without knowing its been stolen.

And copper cable thats been stripped off a railway line being sold by a van full of Romanians.

The scrap dealers know exactly what their buying......hit them hard and people will stop buying stolen metal.

some years ago thieves nicked a henry moore statue from Yorkshire sculpture park it was made of metal and worth around 5 million, police reckon the thieves would have 100 quid, prices don't matter to these people just the price of heroin a fix is a fix

More stolen from house in Fir St, Walkley last night. Reported to police.

Found some terd on my bay ripping the lead from one side of the roof a few weeks ago with a hoodie on,slowly opened the window and pushed him off the bay.

He must have 9 lives as he landed on his fekkin feet on the grass,never looked up at me just walked off as if hed done nothing,walked around the corner but by the time i got dressed he'd obviously slung his hook.

Now ive 24 hour surviellance and built a sloping roof,obviously at a cost,because the wife felt threatened.

they used to be a lot of lead Thieves but it seems to be starting back up again.

Two bay tops ripped off this week around midnight on Tuesday on Forres Road at Crookes. ..be ware. Theiving scum.

Lead taken from several houses last night on Dorothy Rd, Hillsborough

Hope it's true that the scrum bags have been caught. Thieves tried to remove lead off our bay window 3am a few years ago.

Looks like they've been at its again - left house (in Walkley) to go to work & found part of bay window lead roofing had been ripped off during night. Not enough to be worth much - but enough I now have to sort roof out.. bahh....

Replace with GRP Fibreglass roof system

I went out to see one at Walkley yesterday so they are sadly still at it.