Otters return to Sheffield

as a new member Im not allowed to post link yet, but there is an article on Yorkshire post website if you are interested that wild otters appear to be returning to the don

I was with a friend yesterday and we saw something swimming in the waters. It was a bit in the distance and I dismissed it as maybe being an otter (thought maybe a big rat)..but this does now have me wondering...if it was I maybe one lucky person.

"Otters return to Sheffield"

Let's hope so, we must have clean waterways, all good news.

Angel1.

I was with a friend yesterday and we saw something swimming in the waters. It was a bit in the distance and I dismissed it as maybe being an otter (thought maybe a big rat)..but this does now have me wondering...if it was I maybe one lucky person.

Where was that? I saw what I thought was an otter from the riverside pub a few months ago, writing it off as a big rat at the time too

hope there aint a market for theire fur or they will soon disappear. hope they don't eat all the newly found salmon

as a new member Im not allowed to post link yet, but there is an article on Yorkshire post website if you are interested that wild otters appear to be returning to the don
Lets hope so Dave would be nice to see them return again if its true mate

That is amazing news, we travel to Scotland a lot and have had the great fortune of seeing otters on two occasions, beautiful animals. And the Don, it is like 500 meters away too!

Hmmm... this might mean the missus is going to take a deck-chair and watch the river all day...

Hmmm... this might mean the missus is going to take a deck-chair and watch the river all day...
Might convince my missus to do the same this weekend so I can watch the footy on TV.

Hi folks ! Bit of advice and that is don't be too open about where exactly you see an Otter on the Don.

I can't see that the Don's indigenous penguins are going to take too kindly to having new neighbours. Let's just hope beyond hope that otters don't include licorice allsorts and tinned sardines in their dietary needs or the Don will run red. Are otters particularly skilled in underwater combat? :huh:

I can't see that the Don's indigenous penguins are going to take too kindly to having new neighbours. Let's just hope beyond hope that otters don't include licorice allsorts and tinned sardines in their dietary needs or the Don will run red. Are otters particularly skilled in underwater combat? :huh:

Why are there no crocodiles in otter infested waters :cool: