What is parkwood academy really like?

My child has been offered a place at this school but ofsted reports are only one side of the coin.

Previously had personal experience with 2 other ofsted schools rated excellent which turned out to have massive problems with safety of pupils and issues of children not being allowed to achieve their potential.

I would like to know what the school, teaching provision and behaviour of pupils are really like and not just hearsay or immaculately orchestrated open days and glowing shiney prospectuses

Thanks in advance

I can only comment on the behaviour of the kids I see at the bus stop before and after school and the scroats that go into tesco to steal on their way to school. I live nearby and my son is due to start secondary school in september and I will not be sending him there , the kids I see are vile, rude and nasty , im not saying all the children that go there are the same as im sure there are lots of decent kids but from what I have witnessed over the last couple of years there is no way on this earth I woukd let my kids go there.

My step son goes here, he has autism and at the start he had a couple of minor hiccups but the staff sorted it out and he is enjoying it.

Lots of people I know didn't send their kids to parkwood because of the high number of Roma/ethnic kids at this school and so called bullying issues.

My step son is white and the only problems he has had was from white pupils and not from any of the Roma/ethnic kids.

The staff in my experience do take action if there is a problem and nip it in the bud straight away.

Some of the parents we know who sent their kids to Chaucer school due to not wanting them to go to parkwood as it was full of Roma/ethnic kids say their kids are having bullying issues at Chaucer school.

I live next to Parkwood and honestly wouldn't send rats into that school. The conduct and behaviour of pupils is disgusting, vile language threatening behaviour and I'm talking daily. I wouldn't put it down to any particular race either as it seems 90% of the pupils have no respect for anyone or anything. Shame for the minority but believe me whatever they have fooled Ofsted with its far from being a good school!

I don't believe there's such thing as an excellent school nowadays as all have their problems. My oldest decided not to go there despite getting a place and it's turned out to be the best decision I'd hate for my kids to be thrown into that lions pit on a daily basis

Edited by missclara

I can only comment on the behaviour of the kids I see at the bus stop before and after school and the scroats that go into tesco to steal on their way to school. I live nearby and my son is due to start secondary school in september and I will not be sending him there , the kids I see are vile, rude and nasty , im not saying all the children that go there are the same as im sure there are lots of decent kids but from what I have witnessed over the last couple of years there is no way on this earth I woukd let my kids go there.

I live next to Parkwood and honestly wouldn't send rats into that school. The conduct and behaviour of pupils is disgusting, vile language threatening behaviour and I'm talking daily. I wouldn't put it down to any particular race either as it seems 90% of the pupils have no respect for anyone or anything. Shame for the minority but believe me whatever they have fooled Ofsted with its far from being a good school!

I don't believe there's such thing as an excellent school nowadays as all have their problems. My oldest decided not to go there despite getting a place and it's turned out to be the best decision I'd hate for my kids to be thrown into that lions pit on a daily basis

Thank you all for your replies....can I ask where they are going instead?

We have not found out where my son has been accepted yet , but we have opted for ecclesfield , yewlands ( although not thoroughly looked into this one , but had recommendations) and notre dame.

All those 3 schools are ok but I would say Notre Dame would be the better of the 3.

All those 3 schools are ok but I would say Notre Dame would be the better of the 3.

Yes I know , this is my first choice , not sure if he will get a place though, fingers crossed , I went there myself.

I think it's a total fallacy that you really have a 'choice' of secondary school in Sheffield. If you don't get in under the catchment or sibling rule you don't stand much chance at all. You might be successful on appeal if you are very lucky and articulate. Better off renting a place in the catchment of the school of your choice in good time before the application deadline, its the only sure fire way. Good luck though.

there are no good schools on the estates, if you cant get your kids in tapton, high storrs, king eddy's, silver dale or the private school's they will never get to oxbridge

there are no good schools on the estates, if you cant get your kids in tapton, high storrs, king eddy's, silver dale or the private school's they will never get to oxbridge

I am afraid this is very much the case and it is a damn shame. If some of the schools on the estates had Sixth Forms it might improve their performance.