Ppi claim-how to claim

what is the best way to check/claim ppi without paying companies who take a massive cut?

ian

This site has a good guide on what to do.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Also check out the forum on the same site as there are people there who can give specific advice and loads of topics cover any question you might have.

I did this for my Mum for some loans she'd taken out a decade before. I basically got her to write to the banks and make a Subject Access Request for any documentation, printouts etc they had on the loan. The details in those documents made it pretty clear the banks knew she shouldn't have been offered PPI. After that I just sent them copies of the relevant documents as evidence and requested they refund the PPI costs for the lifetime of the loan.

It took a few months overall but she got back almost £4000.

Just do a little research on the site I linked and there's no reason you can't make the claim yourself and keep everything you might get back.

I just wrote a letter to my bank after a mate of mine told me to .I didn't have any details ofthe loans account numbers etc,they sent me a form out which I filled out with very little detail.I thought I might get a few hundred quid they offered me £7800 which I gladly accepted and didn't have to pay a penny to PPI claim firms.

I wrote a letter to my bank too. Got £4,500 back