Park Square Roundabout - difficult to navigate?

Might be difficult for people who not be round ere.

Indeed. My Dad (from deepest darkest East Anglia) is terrified of this roundabout and will avoid it at all costs.

Personally, I find it pretty straightforward to navigate - compared to the Brookhill roundabout it's a dream.

It's even better when the lights are broken. Everything flows much more smoothly.

This is true of most sets of traffic lights!

Do you understand the concept of merge in turn? If everyone queues in a single lane, the queue is twice as long as if they were using two lanes.

Eventually that queue starts impacting other junctions.

There's a lane there, everyone should try to use it, and then both lanes will have an equal length queue.

---------- Post added 18-01-2016 at 08:51 ----------

Your missing my point here.

If i leave a person a gap thats the correct thing to do to merge lanes Just because the gap i left is not at the end of the slip road driving the full length of the slip road with no intention of merging just to get to the front and then push your way in is wrong and rude!

That's not merging in turn, it's merging halfway down because you left a gap.

Never had any problem with park square, just need to look carefully for where you need to be, when it was first installed I do remember my Dad having a bit of a problem with it though.

Still, the kind of lane changing and cutting across you see there are as nothing compared to what I have seen in Birmingham since moving to the Midlands. One on my commute to work was an absolute nightmare for people weaving across the road (J5 of the M6), admittedly following the correctly marked lane felt very wrong. So I wrote to the council, who eventually admitted it was marked out wrong and they were planning to do something about it! Its only been a year with nothing happening.

Lane changing is a problem mainly if it surprises adjacent vehicles' drivers.

Odd how many vehicles lack indicators, isn't it- esp. some taxis!

This has got me worried I'm coming down parkway from junction 33,M1 to go to travelodge and then lodge moor

Guest busdriver1

TBH if people find that roundabout difficult they should keep well away from Hemel Hempstead and Swindon

TBH if people find that roundabout difficult they should keep well away from Hemel Hempstead and Swindon

:hihi:

Having worked in both places that's sound advice...

... even for those who don't have difficulty with Park Square roundabout! ;)

...let alone Gravelly Hill (a.k.a. Spaghetti Junction).

I used to cycle around the Salford circus roundabout on my way into uni from Erdington in my 2nd year.

I drive to work down the parkway at 5am, and at the roundabout regularly have taxi drivers in either the outside or inside lane cut across me into the City/Ponds Forge lane and they never indicate. Its very very common to see people cut up there at any time of day, almost always by people in the second lane (A61s) driving straight across into the City lane. The same happens at the bottom of Broad Street.