Should we boycott Sam Smith's Brewery?

That Tadcaster has remained unspoiled over the years by insensitive development is down to one man, Humphrey Smith owner of Sam Smiths. He owns a lot of the town and prevents inappropriate development.

I haven't looked into it much, but on the news last night Sam Smith's were saying they feared that the footbridge would become permanent if built.

Actually I never said it wasn't your choice now did I? So please take your faux outrage elsewhere. (along with your populist claptrap)

It is my choice what I post on here, so why don't you take your keyboard and stick it where the sun doesn't shine or find another thread.

Someone else doesn't like people having the temerity to disagree with them I see :hihi:

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 17:13 ----------

That Tadcaster has remained unspoiled over the years by insensitive development is down to one man, Humphrey Smith owner of Sam Smiths. He owns a lot of the town and prevents inappropriate development.

I haven't looked into it much, but on the news last night Sam Smith's were saying they feared that the footbridge would become permanent if built.

Hence my point above about them wanting to be sure that the council wouldn't go for a grab of the land.

Unlike foxylady I live a lot closer to the bridge in question and I've got better ears on the ground. I know why they were objecting - hence my post about them and alch's one that was "left" out of the news reports "accidentally on purpose"

A few years ago I did the Sam Smiths brewery tour and one thing they told us is that the water they used they pulled up from an underground lake below the brewery itself; Given that fact alone is good enough reason for them shudder at the thought of a piling rig rocking up anywhere near their premises and potentially altering the taste of their unique brewing water.

Should we boycott Sam Smith's Brewery?

Sam Smith's Brewery and its’ owner are once again causing controversy. This time it is by not allowing land owned by the brewery to be used to accommodate a temporary footbridge to allow Tadcaster residents to cross the river whilst the road bridge is rebuilt.

This isn’t the first time Sam Smith’s have caused controversy. A few years ago a microbrewery was prevented from selling bottled beers for a forces charity because they claimed they owned the Yorkshire “white rose” trademark.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=653215

I also seem to remember their refusal to allow school kids to use a footbridge to get to school when some other road scheme was being completed.

There is already a petition asking Sam Smith’s to reconsider their policy regarding the bridge.

https://www.change.org/p/samuel-smiths-brewery-allow-a-temporary-pedestrian-bridge-in-tadcaster-to-be-placed-on-land-owned-by-sam-smith-s-brewery

But in the meantime I will not set foot inside any Sam Smith’s pub or buy any of their bottled beers.

The Brewery own the land ,and its up to them weather they allow their land to be used . They have done nothing wrong.

The Brewery own the land ,and its up to them weather they allow their land to be used . They have done nothing wrong.

Surely you mean 'nowt'?

Looks like you are on your own with this one Foxy. If it was my land I wouldn't want the rif raff on it either. They can swim it or walk round.

Some enterprising gent should set up a ferry crossing.

Welcome to the sinister world of Sam Smith's ... yes we should boycott these places in my opinion. Take a look on the link below to see how they treat their staff.

http://www.samsmiths.info/

Welcome to the sinister world of Sam Smith's ... yes we should boycott these places in my opinion. Take a look on the link below to see how they treat their staff.

http://www.samsmiths.info/

Their staff, like anyone who works for any company are free to leave if they dont like the terms and conditions of their employment .

Actually I never said it wasn't your choice now did I? So please take your faux outrage elsewhere. (along with your populist claptrap)

It is my choice what I post on here, so why don't you take your keyboard and stick it where the sun doesn't shine or find another thread.

It's ok Foxy. I have the same trouble...He doesn't like other people having opinions...Which differ from his god given, all knowing, once 'I've posted, there's no further need to post because I know best' stance.

And he accused me of being acidic!

Someone else doesn't like people having the temerity to disagree with them I see :hihi:

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 17:13 ----------

Unlike foxylady I live a lot closer to the bridge in question and I've got better ears on the ground. I know why they were objecting - hence my post about them and alch's one that was "left" out of the news reports "accidentally on purpose"

Hopefully directly underneath it!

Hopefully directly underneath it!

I thought it was just me....Mr 'popular' eh? Not!!!!