4 reasons why Labour lost the election

You dont have to scratch very hard to see through the lie that all the tories are priveledged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_the_United_Kingdom

I recall that 19 out of 23 cabinet ministers from the 2010 election were millionaires, and none of the education department went to 'ordinary' schools. I guess the 2015 cabinet may be better. Climate change ministers that do not believe in climate change, equality minister that voted against equallity; but lets not get side tracked.

Labour lost because they were poor at everything, it didnt help that they had the SNP and UKIP to cope with, in a two party election system.

It was probably the reason John Major won his election. Many people, tax evaders mostly, didn't register to vote, so that they thought they wouldn't be traced to pay the Community Charge.

Just a theory.

It's a theory I would subscribe to. I think that's exactly what happened.

No strawman there - It is an example of the best education being given to people who are not the most intelligent.

Eton - *my bold : You make my point the great unwashed have to be even cleverer to get in. Which means if you don't have money you have to be cleverer than those with money. It was ever thus.

You have a point there. Most people have to pay and those people subsidise the scholarship students.

But they are the people we want and have in the cabinet.

EDIT:

Also over 50% of the working population was employed in the public sector,which wasn't sustainable financially.

About 20% of the workforce is in the public sector.

This 20% figure has not changed significantly in 20 years as there was a real increase in the number of Health and Education workers.

More than half of the workforce is in the public sector are employed in Health or Education.

The partial ring fencing of money spent on Health and Education does not include cost of these jobs. Increasing employment costs will pressure Health and Education employers into out sourcing, temporary contracts, zero our contracts, refusing of training, refusal to promote, removal of non statutory jobs such as school support teachers and paying huge amounts to heads and directors to take the blame.

The consequences for the patients and pupils will be...

It's a theory I would subscribe to. I think that's exactly what happened.

Major was no charmer. Except for Currie. Yeuch.

Our Royal family aren't on the front bench or in the cabinet. Talk about a strawman.

The remark by blake, was a snide remark which I questioned (sorry I missed the ? from the end of the sentence). I have had no reply from him.

There is a high standard required to get into Oxbridge. They are the best Universities in UK, only the cleverest get to study there.

Eton is one of the best schools in the world, people make huge sacrifices to send their children there. From all over the world. It too has a high requirement for entry. Even higher for bursaried and scholarship students.

The cleverest ?? Prince Charles ?? He must have been, it only took him 2 years to get his degree from Cambridge. Fixed or what?? And we all know the requirement required for him to get into Eton. Having the monarch as a mother!!

The cleverest ?? Prince Charles ?? He must have been, it only took him 2 years to get his degree from Cambridge. Fixed or what?? And we all know the requirement required for him to get into Eton. Having the monarch as a mother!!

Except that he didn't go to Eton. The sons that he raised did though and only one of them went to university, and it wasn't Oxbridge. At this point I want to ask you which would you say are the cleverest but I fear that you head might explode while trying to work out how to get your predjudices around the question. :)

Major was no charmer. Except for Currie. Yeuch.

Yes indeed, and I thought he only cared about cricket.

Hands up I got the school wrong, so sorry. I am unclear as to who you mean when you ask who are the cleverest, Charles or his sons who I never mentioned and maybe someone else?

Hands up I got the school wrong, so sorry. I am unclear as to who you mean when you ask who are the cleverest, Charles or his sons who I never mentioned and maybe someone else?

It's ok, I was being a bit unfair really.

It's ok, I was being a bit unfair really.

That doesn't answer my question, also I would like to know why you think my head would explode as well. You seem to be making assumptions about me why?

That doesn't answer my question, also I would like to know why you think my head would explode as well. You seem to be making assumptions about me why?

Because of the intense dichitomy.