4 reasons why Labour lost the election

Yes Labour lost the election in 2015 because they were still fighting battles with Margaret Thatcher. They will probably lose the next one for exactly the same reason. Are they still burning her effigy in Goldthorpe?

Probably....

I don't think that Eddie Izzard helped them. Dressed like Maggie Thatcher at the side of that Millaband bloke. But that's just my opinion lol.

Maggie the witch ruled with only 40% of the vote.

Tony Blair ruled with 35% vote. And?

it is looking very bad for Labour electorally.

the worst thing for them, is that they have lost the manual/working class voters, who used to vote for them even in the 1950s and 1960s even when they were losing elections. They got much less than 50% of them in 2010 and 2015.

in like 1959, they were getting 80% of those manual/working class voters. And that is when Labour lost the election by a landslide.

also worrying for Labour, is the collapse of their formerly dependable ethnic minority vote. They used to vote 85-90% overwhelmingly too. Now it is only just above 50%.

Labour's core voters are now this metropolitan 'elite' and public sector workers. They are not working class people who work in the private sector, or minorities. Those people no longer vote Labour as dependably as they did before.

If the next Tory leader is either Gideon Oliver Osborne or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, I think Labour's chances will suddenly improve dramatically.

it could a donkey and the Tories will still win by a landslide if the donkey is up against Corbyn.

it could a donkey and the Tories will still win by a landslide if the donkey is up against Corbyn.

That depends if people still go with who the media tell them to, after the latest revelations about Blair.

the usual rubbish from the left.

blame the media. Blame the voters for not wanting to vote for Corbyn. Blame everything except the bankrupt policies nobody wants. The usual utter contempt, for working class people who don't want to vote for Labour any more regardless of what the media or anybody else put in front of them.

If the next Tory leader is either Gideon Oliver Osborne or Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, I think Labour's chances will suddenly improve dramatically.

I think you mistake your personal biased opinion for the opinion of the electorate as a whole. You probably missed that BJ was voted in as London Mayor by a largely Labour supporting electorate. TWICE!

I think you mistake your personal biased opinion for the opinion of the electorate as a whole. You probably missed that BJ was voted in as London Mayor by a largely Labour supporting electorate. TWICE!

I take it by 'BJ' :gag: that you mean Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Yes, London that didn't have their transport services de-regulated by Thatcher, unlike the rest of us. London is a bubble. Fortunately, the rest of us who are London's poor relations, still have more voting power.

Edited by Hesther

I remember when Boris was a funny haired buffoon minor Tory MP who's only fame was on Have I Got News For You. How things have changed.

Following the same vein, keep an eye out for Jacob Rees-Mogg who I tip to go the same way.

I take it by 'BJ' :gag: that you mean Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Yes, London that didn't have their transport services de-regulated by Thatcher, unlike the rest of us. London is a bubble. Fortunately, the rest of us who are London's poor relations, still have more voting power.

And you mistake your obvious dislike for him as a view that the rest of the country should share. Oh boy are you in for a shock.

---------- Post added 04-03-2016 at 13:49 ----------

the usual rubbish from the left.

blame the media. Blame the voters for not wanting to vote for Corbyn. Blame everything except the bankrupt policies nobody wants. The usual utter contempt, for working class people who don't want to vote for Labour any more regardless of what the media or anybody else put in front of them.

I came upon this. Corbyn has gone up rather in my estimation. It seems he shares the views of many about Labour's financial policy failure, something the Corbynites on here seem to struggle with.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jeremy-corbyn-launches-blistering-attack-7486694

Jeremy Corbyn today launched a blistering attack on Tony Blair and Gordon Brown for their "unsustainable" handling of the UK economy.

In his first major speech to business leaders, Mr Corbyn savaged New Labour for its "light touch" banking regulation, reliance on PFI schemes and failure to hike wages for the low-paid.

It burns any final links between Corbyn's new-look leadership of the party and the New Labour approach to the economy.

"The New Labour approach was to opt for light touch regulation of finance - and then sit back and collect the tax revenues," Mr Corbyn said in a speech to the British Chambers of Commerce annual conference this morning.

"But you cannot base a decent social policy on an unsustainable economic policy."

I wonder if those who have spent 5 years telling us it wasn't Labour's fault will now take up the arguement with their illustrious leader.

Edited by foxy lady