4 reasons why Labour lost the election

1 Failure to shake off the myth that we (ie Labour) were responsible for the financial crash and failure to build trust on the economy

2 Inability to deal with issues of "connection" in particular failure to communicate on benefits and immigration

3 Ed Miliband was judged not be as strong a leader as David Cameron

4 Fear of the SNP propping up a minority Labour government

This is the conclusion from Labour's own report why the party lost the election, gleaned from polling and doorstep conversations and leaked to the BBC today.

I'd have thought not enough votes might have been in there as well.

1 Failure to shake off the myth that we (ie Labour) were responsible for the financial crash and failure to build trust on the economy

Not quite right, Gordon sold all the gold at stupid prices, then they spent spent spent and had nothing when it rained.

Why does no-one ever link the cost of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq to playing a part in the crash?

Like now, we're getting out of massive repayments, yet we still can afford to go to Syria.

EDIT:

Also over 50% of the working population was employed in the public sector,which wasn't sustainable financially.

not just the blame for the financial crisis as failure to recognise it and keeping on borrowing leading to the famous note, 'there's no money left.' Sadly Corbyn and his followers seem even less with it as far as finance goes.

Why would this undermine Corbyn?

He was a back bencher with a fine record of not voting with the Labour regime that lost the election.

not just the blame for the financial crisis as failure to recognise it and keeping on borrowing leading to the famous note, 'there's no money left.'.

And the man that left that note did not get sacked!!!

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 19:27 ----------

EDIT:

Also over 50% of the working population was employed in the public sector,which wasn't sustainable financially.

I thought it was about 30%?

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 19:35 ----------

Not quite right, Gordon sold all the gold at stupid prices, then they spent spent spent and had nothing when it rained.

He was advised by HM Treasury that it was the right thing to do at the time, did you predict a rise in the price of gold at the time, or are you just able to say it was a daft thing to do, in hind-sight.

But yes, the press reported it, and they seem to like reporting anything anti-Labour.

What about people feeling out of touch with Oxbridge elite.

He was advised by HM Treasury that it was the right thing to do at the time, did you predict a rise in the price of gold at the time, or are you just able to say it was a daft thing to do, in hind-sight.

But yes, the press reported it, and they seem to like reporting anything anti-Labour.

I think the daft thing to do was to announce to the world that the UK would be selling 396 tonnes of gold well in advance. This in itself sent the price down a further 10%. Classic stupidy.

Now known as Brown's Bottom.

I wouldn't have thought it necessary to run a poll to figure out why labour flunked the election, they were and are completely out of touch with the people that they should be representing.

Take away the student vote, those on benefits, those tied into the public sector, the 'minorities' and the ex miners and their vote is significantly reduced. Yes these people have every right and reason to vote against the Tories but the majority of voters are none of the above, they have normal jobs, a house and family and do not feel confident in Labour.

...... and under Corbyn that's only getting worse!

I thought it was about 30%?

Something like 53%, you can go fetch though...

Yes, the gold price is publicly available everywhere, but then again I'm into machine learning and always looking for interesting data sets.

I also said it at the time, not just in hind-sight.

Any which way, sell such an asset was never a good idea and messed up later when it came to us having assets. Just like school playing fields and all the other publicly owned buildings they sold off for quick cash to please the red masses.