Cost of t.v in hospital

Thank you,hope only to be in hospital 3 day's,so will buy probably 12hrs.

12 Hours will last just that, 12 hours. You can't have an hour here and an hour there.

Whether you watch it or not, your 12 hours will be up 12 hours after it is switched on.

Its very expensive imo. Some people are in for a lot longer than a few days. In that case you are better off with a tablet. Do they allow mobile phones and can you get a signal ok? Surely the only thing they need these days is decent wi fi.

a small micro sd card media player can be bought off ebay for about three quid a pack of 8 batteries is 1.99 stuff em.

Hence my post, the cards are a scam as the timer starts immediately you verify the card. So when your relative is asleep or having treatment the clock ticks.

The original company went bust and was taken over after all the debt was written off

12 Hours will last just that, 12 hours. You can't have an hour here and an hour there.

Whether you watch it or not, your 12 hours will be up 12 hours after it is switched on.

oh,i thought if I bought 12hrs,i could watch hour by hour,might have to reconcider then.thanks for the reply

Hence my post, the cards are a scam as the timer starts immediately you verify the card. So when your relative is asleep or having treatment the clock ticks.

The original company went bust and was taken over after all the debt was written off

the last time the wife was in she took her tablet but they said she could not use the charger unless it was pat tested a way round this is to buy some of those extra plug in power packs now available for a few quid

the last time the wife was in she took her tablet but they said she could not use the charger unless it was pat tested a way round this is to buy some of those extra plug in power packs now available for a few quid

A better way round this is to just plug it in and ignore the PAT requirement.

Why so ? I am surprised you advocate such dangerous advice

I have witnessed first hand what can happen on a hospital ward when a patient uses faulty electrical equipment they have brought in from home.

It could have been so much worse but only involved a burnt mattress and singed sheets thanks to the quick action of nursing staff.

Is that the best thing to do in an environment that's potentially oxygen rich and full of combustibles?

lots of imported chargers are indeed lethal,i bought some cheap ones from ebay they were so crap the case was not even fixed on opening it up I saw the unfused mains lead went straight on to a five pence standard zenior diode,if that fails the rest of the circuit could get 240v unfused ac up it.

I don't understand how it can be a scam if it's working how it's meant to work :suspect:

Poor value for money, certainly. A scam? No.

These are the prices for the Hallamshire Hospital.

One day big pack including movies and free landline calls £10

Seven day big pack including movies and free landline calls £40

One day value pack includes 17 TV channels and free landline calls £7.50

Seven day value pack includes 17 TV channels and free landline calls £35

Mini Bundle..12 hours TV. £5

Mini Bundle..2 Days TV. £12.50

Mini Bundle..5 days TV. £20

Mini Bundle..6 days TV. £22.50

So, £10 a day in hospital, I saw it reported the other year that prisoners pay £1 per week. And if two share a cell 50p per week as the result of a court case.

That just about sums up the justice system in this country at the moment.