Amazon fire or Linx 7", and why?

If you had to make a choice which would it be. Amazon fire or Linx 7".and why?.

Thanks alan p.

Neither, it would be a Galaxy tab or tesco hudl 2 (if i wanted a lower end one)

Ghozer, Thanks for getting back to me but its just those 2 that I was wanting feed back on. alan p.

Depends entirely what you want it for.

Personally I would pick the Linx for full x86 Windows compatibility, as being able to use standard Windows software is a huge bonus even if you might need a keyboard and mouse to get the best out it. You can still use it as a tablet the rest of the time.

This also looks promising for getting Android/Windows dual-boot on the Linx 7.

When it comes to touch-screen friendly apps then the Amazon Fire is probably more fully featured. Although like Ghozer said, something with Google Play already on it is more appropriate.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Thank you both for the help given, Its actually not for me but a Friend who is 88 years old who would like to try the internet and I told her not to buy something to expensive. Thanks again.alan p.

Neither, it would be a Galaxy tab or tesco hudl 2 (if i wanted a lower end one)

Tesco stopped selling the Hudl ages ago so its a bit hard to source one as they were good tablets.

Personally for someone of that age I would also go for a 10" screen.

Tesco stopped selling the Hudl ages ago so its a bit hard to source one as they were good tablets.

Personally for someone of that age I would also go for a 10" screen.

That's why I said "Hudl 2"

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

That's why I said "Hudl 2"

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

Yes but they stopped stocking them a while ago and the only way you can get one now would be to buy second-hand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3327996/Parents-left-furious-Tesco-scraps-hugely-popular-65-tablet-computer-just-Christmas.html

Edited by apelike

@ alan p - long term, the expense for your 88 year old friend will not be in the tablet but in the Internet connection so it would be best for him or her to go to the library or have some sessions using a tablet on someone else's connection. It would be unfair to get them stuck on a broadband contract if they don't take to computing. For someone new to this and for ease of use IMHO the iPad2 would be the best bet as they are so easy and clear.

Everyday I want to smash my amazon fire up, ill never buy an amazon product again.

If you had to make a choice which would it be. Amazon fire or Linx 7".and why?.

Thanks alan p.

I'm not a fan of Amazon Kindle Fire, they took something good and limited it (in my opinion). I don't know much about windows phones/tablets, which the Linx is, but they do look a simpler user interface which could be good for someone new to such technology.

After reading up on it I would also go for the Linx 10.1 even though the resolution is only 1200x800.