Are they insane?

* The word mad was used for brevity, please insert with whatever you see fit as acceptable nowadays.

** I've been tested and I'm not, they got me with the old catch 22 switch-a-roo...

I am stood watching someone... they are standing alone, yet they are talking as if to someone, they respond to silence as if it had made a statement. Upon enquiring I hear that they are talking to this inner voice they call God, and that this God is telling them what to do, she offers guidance, comfort and support.

Now, if they hadn't mentioned the God word, then they would be in serious trouble telling people that they hear voices and act upon them, so why do we not treat these deluded people as we do other deluded people?

Let's be honest, it appears that God's aren't that nice after all, they instruct many to start wars, lord it over others because they are different, abuse other because they female, gay, infirm, etc.

Is it not time to reclassify religion as a mental illness?

Oh dear another anti islam religion thread.

Well to be fair, there's a lot to go at...

* The word mad was used for brevity, please insert with whatever you see fit as acceptable nowadays.

** I've been tested and I'm not, they got me with the old catch 22 switch-a-roo...

I am stood watching someone... they are standing alone, yet they are talking as if to someone, they respond to silence as if it had made a statement. Upon enquiring I hear that they are talking to this inner voice they call God, and that this God is telling them what to do, she offers guidance, comfort and support.

Now, if they hadn't mentioned the God word, then they would be in serious trouble telling people that they hear voices and act upon them, so why do we not treat these deluded people as we do other deluded people?

Let's be honest, it appears that God's aren't that nice after all, they instruct many to start wars, lord it over others because they are different, abuse other because they female, gay, infirm, etc.

Is it not time to reclassify religion as a mental illness?

Some people with psychosis believe that they are having a religious experience as they can't explain why they are hearing voices or having hallucinations.

But no, being religious is not a sign of being mentally ill, and nor should it be.

Oh dear another anti islam religion thread.

No, I find all monotheists laughable, polytheists I enjoy as stories and find greater insight into the human condition than with the Bible or suchlike. However I still see it as simple folklore.

My biggest gripe in history is with the Catholic Inquisition, or with how they held back education to keep control, thankyou Johannes Gutenberg.

"Gods" not "God's.A simple plural for God's sake!

Yeah like God, the Gods, etc are going to be bothered! Look at what else is going on, some Gods think rape is ok even by the sounds of it!

"Gods" not "God's.A simple plural for God's sake!

Or "for Gods' sake" for polytheists?

Or "for Gods' sake" for polytheists?

Gods' sakes?

Maybe were just talking on their mobile and had the Bluetooth earpiece. People doing that can appear a bit mad.

Gods' sakes?

You may be right. But I suspects not.

Maybe were just talking on their mobile and had the Bluetooth earpiece. People doing that can appear a bit mad.

Especially if they think that they're talking to an imaginary God.

One of my favourite adverts!

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 14:02 ----------

I've just been told by a user that Jesus talks to her and forgives her her sins, clear example of delusion!