Who do I need to contact - damp?

We're currently getting damp/mould in one ceiling corner in our master bedroom which is the connecting wall to our neighbours.

We've been told by the tenants next door they have bad mould in the bedroom where we are getting mould in the corner of our ceiling. Apparently the landlord had some work done when he first bought the house, and the led was removed from behind his guttering.

We need to know if this is what is causing the damp in our room so obviously can try to make the landlord sort it, but if not what we can do.

Can someone tell me who I can contact who can give me a definite answer where the damp is coming in.

Thanks

Your first point of call should be your landlord, its sounds simple, but it really is, you have a problem in your home, let him know, if you dont then he cant sort the problem out.

if the problem is related to the propert next door, then your landlord can deal with your neighbours or the property owner to resolve the problem.

good luck and hope you get it sorted soon.

Sorry I forgot to say I own my house it's not rented, just the one next door is rented. Thanks

Sorry , i misunderstood your post. Now i understand why you are asking for advice. Think you need to get together with your neighbour and perhaps have a handy relative/friend come look at both properties and take it from there.

Not much advice,but if the problem is next door then the landlord should deal with it. likewise if the problem is with you then you should.

Does it look like water ingress or just dampness-mould as in bathrooms? Have you checked the area in the loft? It may be a result of the very wet weather.

Beware these companies who advertise to cure dampness.