Royal Mail post thefts Sheffield

Have you made a complaint to your delivery office? If not visit your delivery office and speak to the manager in charge, mails go through a lot of handling and the last person to handle it is your local postman who se ends out mails from the delivery office.

I don't think it's the actual posties who take it out and put it through the door who do it. We don't have regular posties, we have lots of different ones. Plus parcels seem to come in separate vans but parcels and letters go missing. If we had a regular postie then it might seem to be them, as we have so many different ones, but post consistently goes missing, it can't be happening at that point (unless they're all on the rob, which I doubt). I suspect it's happening at the sorting office. It's definitely somewhere in Sheffield though. People sending me stuff send to different places without problem. Or not as many anyway.

I live in S6 and nobody I know has had any complaints about their post either not arriving or being damaged. You must be just unfortunate.

S6 is huge, there must be over 20 postmen delivering things, probably more.

Royal Mails response was "recorded delivery doesn't guarantee delivery".
I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating, but when you think about it, that's actually quite funny! What other service do you know that charges you for something, but doesn't guarantee you the product? Other than gambling I mean...

So basically, they're openly admitting that you're taking a chance when you use their business.

Part of the deal is that it is the 'poster' that has to do the reporting/complaining.

The recipient is a natural part of the evidence picture, but the contract is between Royal Mail & the sender.

Has that been done in the OP's cases?

Thank you for pointing that out.

I know how big S6 is, I also know how many postmen there are in S6 having worked in the North PDO for several years.

I merely posted that for balance, one person has complained that they are always having post go missing so I added my comment to highlight the fact there are many more people who have never, or rarely, had things go missing.

Royal Mail? More like like Royal FAIL! I know someone who runs a charity, and has a box number for applications/cheques etc. The number of times there has been complaints about post not coming through must number over adozen. Every time it's 'thank you for bringing this to our notice'etc. Test letters have been sent, just to check, they take over two weeks on a first class stamp, a very important letter (from a solicitor) never arrived at all! Good job the solicitor rang to see why a reply hadn't been sent. All this dreadful service was costing the charity £300 a year. Not anymore it has been cancelled

I'm sure it's incredibly frustrating, but when you think about it, that's actually quite funny! What other service do you know that charges you for something, but doesn't guarantee you the product? Other than gambling I mean...

So basically, they're openly admitting that you're taking a chance when you use their business.

Not funny at all. It was a legal document with a timescale cut off point.

They should tell you it's not guaranteed to get delivered, but hey we'll take the extra money anyway

Thank you for pointing that out.

I know how big S6 is, I also know how many postmen there are in S6 having worked in the North PDO for several years.

I merely posted that for balance, one person has complained that they are always having post go missing so I added my comment to highlight the fact there are many more people who have never, or rarely, had things go missing.

Well, the OP needs to be more specific about where they are if there's any chance of finding more people suffering the same problem.

My postie is great, and it's been the same guy since we moved here 3 years ago to this bit of S6.

Guest busdriver1

Sounds like my old postie from when I lived in S10 has got himself a new round.

Beware of challenging him if it is, he will report you for being aggressive towards him and they will threaten to stop deliveries to you.

When I pointed out that they would have to start delivering in order to stop his manager put the phone down on me.

I now live in Rotherham and my postie is great, often going above and beyond. My faith has been restored.

I had a friend who worked there for a short while and was telling him about this thread, he says they are around 70 staff all in all and the managers/management team are constantly changing which affects performance.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 11:32 ----------

I've also worked in a different delivery office and can back him up on both claims.

I DONT KNOW WHY I WASTED MY TIME POSTING THE FACT THAT 5 OF OUT 6 PARCELS I SENT VIA ROYAL MAIL/PARCEL FORCE NEVER ARRIVED A FEW YEARS AGO.

a tv documentary showed staff stealing from cards. obviously £3,000 in shares that WE owned is not enough for them.

royal mail is for bills and junk mail - why trust them with anything else when there are more honest carriers begging for your custom.

rant over.

Edited by muckymurphy
spelling